ENGINE OIL LIGHT

Airhawk 6

Registered
I just bought an 2005 and on the way home from the dealership the oil light came on. I was on a straight and level road at about 55mph in 6th gear. After a few seconds the light went out. I pulled off the road and checked the oil level and it was full.
I continued the ride home only to have the light go off and on several more times, so I parked the bike for the Memorial day weekend.
Tuesday I called the dealer and he said not to worry, probably a loose wire/connection.
I am worried because the bike has exactly 73 miles on it.
So when I expressed my concerns to the dealer he told me that I could try and locate the loose connection, or trailer it back to the dealer.
My questions are as follows;
Has anyone else had this problem with a totally stock bike, and is it reasonable for me to have to trailer the bike back to the dealer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought an 2005 and on the way home from the dealership the oil light came on. I was on a straight and level road at about 55mph in 6th gear. After a few seconds the light went out. I pulled off the road and checked the oil level and it was full.
I continued the ride home only to have the light go off and on several more times, so I parked the bike for the Memorial day weekend.
Tuesday I called the dealer and he said not to worry, probably a loose wire/connection.
I am worried because the bike has exactly 73 miles on it.
So when I expressed my concerns to the dealer he told me that I could try and locate the loose connection, or trailer it back to the dealer.
My questions are as follows;
Has anyone else had this problem with a totally stock bike, and is it reasonable for me to have to trailer the bike back to the dealer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd have THEM trailor it back. You've bought a fugged up bike right? Why should you have to diagnose it and fix it?

they have sold you a bike that is fugged,right outa the box.

Tell them to come get it, or you'd like to return it, and by law... you can. In most of the world you can,anyway.

Who wants a bike with electrical problems "right outa the box".

Sure, we could fix you up... oil level circuitry shid...

But why should you, and more importantly why would you?

Thanks for the reply Rubbersidedown, I felt the same way, and when I questioned the dealer tech. he basically said it was'nt their problem to get the bike back to the dealership.
I just wanted someone elses opinion before I opened up a can of worms..Thanks

Make them come get it. They're responsible for prepping the bike before it's delivered to you.

If it's defective when you take delivery, they have to fix it.

Make sure you tell them they're in for some negative publicity if they don't address the problem.

Ask them to come pick it up....if they say no call Suzuki customer service and complain about it and see what they say.

What shop is it in Jax? I've heard good things about Ron Turner's Shop...but this could change things.

Ask to speak to the owner of the dealership. I wouldn't rely on what the service tech or service manager says.

Good Luck!

seriously... whats with dealerships now adays! all i keep hearing is how they forgot 2 do 1 thing or another. ud think droping 10k+ on 1 bike they'd TRY and make it work properly.

Dealerships always seem to be run by bottom line people. Words like Customer loyalty, Customer satifaction dont have an associated number next to them so they dont figure into the bottom line.
If you could buy your bike from the manufacturer directly and not go through a dealer most of the bad dealers would go out of business. I, for one, would like that. It seems that the 10 or so Suzuki dealers in my area (San Diego) never seem to stock even the common parts. You need a clutch cover gasket... ah, we have to order that, 3 days out of Los Angeles, pay over there please.

Now on the other hand, I have a 1985 ATC 250R and a 1989 TRX250R, granted very popular machines, one is 20 years old and yes Honda does stock most of the common items for them.

FLYNJ, I purchased the bike in Kingsbay, Georgia , I tried to buy one in Jax. but was never able to get them to go below the msrp.
Therefore I drove an hour to save 1500.00 or so. I've lived in the jax. area for 15 years and have always had to travel outside the area to get a fair deal, go figure.
Anyway, I had to go to work early today and have yet had a chance to give it a thorough once over. I'll keep everyone up to date on the resolution....
Thanks for everybody's support.

seriously... whats with dealerships now adays!  all i keep hearing is how they forgot 2 do 1 thing or another.  ud think droping 10k+ on  1 bike they'd TRY and make it work properly.
Rememeber it was YOU, The CUSTOMER that made dealership sux like they do now. you want parts for cost, the bike for cost, and cheap labor rates. How are they suppose to make money and a living?
rock.gif

The dealer has no control over what parts or bikes cost PERIOD all they can control is labor cost................. so a cheap mechanic can make a dealership profitable, because Joe consumer doesn't want to pay retail for parts or a bike.

My 2003 AE did the same thing at approx 60 miles the day after i purchased it. The Oil light came on for a minute and went off. I pulled over and checked the oil level and it looked good. When i started the bike the light went away. I called the dealer and they also said it may be short in the wires, but it only happened a few times, all of which were before the first oil change. Funny how the dealers here in DFW want to blame it on everyone but themselves. Find a good mechanic that really knows the busa if you are worried but mine cleared up after i changed the oil. Hope this helps.

After thinking about this off and on for a few days I am wondering if it is something as simple as the oil filter... see if the dealer will install a new factory oil filter.

glamison, I dropped the bike off at the dealer Friday, 6-3-05.
when I dropped it off the tech asked me if there was anything else wrong with the bike besides the intermittent oil light, I felt like asking him, is'nt that enough? Anyway they seem to believe its an electrical problem but they don't know at this point. I'll keep everyone advised on the out come. Thanks for the advise.
Urban cowboy, yeah I was taking it easy on the bike, remember, I just picked it up and was riding home when the red light came on...kinda ruined the day.

Back