Busa hard to start

1313R

Registered
Busa is hard to start. Spins over fine but kinda coughs a little. What in the F#@$%%%&? It will usually start on the second thumb. When the fan comes on and I shut it down she won't fire until it cools off. What's really wierd is after I filler up she gets harder to start than she is in the mornings. Anybody got a clue? I'm all ears.

bad gas?

I just loaded a new map to my pc3r on sunday morning, has way better start and low end runability

That's what I'm hoping is up with mine. Just gonna have to take it back to the dyno and see if my map is a little off. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mine was a little hard to start after it was hot, turned out to be a weak battery. Got the 235cca battery from schnitz, no more problems.

Also, if you have a 2002 or earlier, be careful of kickbacks. You could powderize your idler gear...

That's also another possibility. Battery died this winter. Charged it up and it worked fine for a while. I may end up with both. Prolly get the map checked first tho.

I suggest you check the battery...

...or maybe a faulty engine temp sensor!!!

vapor lock ??
rock.gif

Thermostat.....had a problem with my F2....would get hot and not start back up or die at lights,etc......the mechanics thought it was the thermostat until they investigated further and found a loose ground wire...tightened that up and it's been fine since....

Dunno, but hope this helps eliminate something atleast...

bad gas?

I just loaded a new map to my pc3r on sunday morning, has way better start and low end runability
I thought that just us poor brazialians had problems with bad gas...
here you have to be carefull where to buy gas...
many gas stations sell altereted gas...
withouth mention that our gas has 20% alcohol mixed, by law...
[]s
julio

Mine doesn't like to start when it has been running (engine is hot). I know it is the battery but don't want to mess with it untill it kicks the bucket. Try a load test on the battery, Autozone will do it for free if you don't have the right tools. Do a search for "battery" threads, some of the guys have good inexpensive ways to get that 235cca batt.

Back