Instrument Panel Prob...

SQL_GOD

Registered
Hi Everyone, I am a New Busa owner...I have had several bikes, but this is my fist Busa. I have an 05. Anyways, I have 2 questions:

1: Has anyone had any trouble with the insturment panel "slipping" out of place? Mine looks like it moved out of place slightly. The glue fom the mounting foam is showing and there appears to be a small gap at the top.

2. When idling in neutral, (clutch released) I hear the clutch "Grumble" this goes away when I pull the clutch in.

Any insight would be helpful.

Haven't had either of those problems. Probably a simple fix, but I would take it back to the dealer so they could show their customer satisfaction policy.

Welcome sql . Never heard of a ins panel prob . Your clutch will always be quieter with the lever pulled , unless it has a problem and is VERY noisy..

My 05 limited has done the same thing. I see just a slight bit of the sticky stuff where the foam has fallen down just a little. My clutch also makes that sound but that is true on any standard vehicle.

No to both your questions mate!!

Suggest you take it to your Dealer/Mechanic and get it checked!!

...and welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback...I'll have the panel checked out by the dealer. Besides that, I sure love this thing:D
I traded in my YZF600 and oh my god what a difference! Makes my Yamaha seem like a toy!

Here is what I've done so far:
TRE -(I reccomend this)
Akrapovic Slip-on's
Double Bubble
Suzuki - Gel Seat
A TON of riding gear!! (Safety first!)

Next - Rear Stand
Undertail kit
Buell pegs
mirror extenders

Clutch should make only slightly louder noise when not pulled. If too much it should be checked out. Your dash panel is probably not moving the foam is just rolling a bit and your seeing the glue. This is fairly normal but again, it should not be excessive.
smile.gif

Same problem with my 05 as far as the Instrument cluster (looks like an 05 problem developing). Not sure about the clutch, just chalked the noises up as acceptable.

I'm right there iwth SQL. My instrument panel is doing the same thing. It also starts buzzing from arou 3500 to 5000 rpms. I traded my YZF600 for a Busa. It is a bit faster.:D

I'm right there iwth SQL. My instrument panel is doing the same thing. It also starts buzzing from arou 3500 to 5000 rpms. I traded my YZF600 for a Busa. It is a bit faster.:D

check the buzzing for the inside corner of the upper dash panel where the edge meets the front of the shield and corner of the instrument panel.

little bit of high density foam from an online purchase as shipping material spray glued for rigidity and wedged between the plastic and it went away just fine.

-as for the ins panel slippage, I've got about 3 mm worth of visibility on the upper left corner on one of my 06' and am fixing it as we speak after installing EL wire lighting around the panel. (again, using the high density foam so this time it wont "shrink")

Back