FI light on intermittent

_ZeF

Donating Member
Registered
I have around 3700KM (2300 miles) on my '05 Busa now, already i had a head gasket job done under warranty by the dealer and now something else is coming...

Last weekend the FI light came on, but everything seemed fine mechanically. Turned off the engine, started it again, came back about 5 mins later. The day after i went for a ride to see what would happen and it came on again after about an hour of riding.

Now i got an appointment at the dealer next week, hoping its nothing major again! I have a PCIII installed too, i hope they wont judge that it's the cause, that would make me pay instead of the warranty!!!! We'll know everything by the error code they'll get i guess.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation...

race.gif

sounds like you have an intermittent sensor problem. but to rule out the PC, disconnect it and ride the bike..... if it keeps up, it is not the PC.

there is a self diagnostic plug on the bike use that to determine what error its giving you. or take it to the dealership since its still under warrenty
smile.gif

Okay the latest on this situation:

The last few rides i did before bringing it to the dealer (where i bought the bike) i felt the bike was firing only on 3 cylinders, but only for a few secs, simultanuesouly the FI light would come on, so that gave me an idea of what made the light come on, but mechanically the question was why?

The mechanic told me that unplugging the PC made the trouble go away (which i could've tried myself like suggested but i prefered waiting) so he says the problem is positively the PC. Either it is scrap or somehow the programming is f**ked!

So my next move is bringin it on monday to the dealer who sold me and installed the PC (programmed on the dyno) in april. Either it needs remapping or replacement. Either way i hope they wont hold me responsible for the costs... The thing should be under warranty.

Now my question... Can i just unplug the PC and ride? Will doin that just affect my performance or is it not a good idea? Because i would like to ride on the weekend!!

race.gif

Dependds on what you have done to the bike. You can more than likely get away with running it without the PC as long as you don't have any mods greater than a full exhaust. It might not run the best, actually it won't run the best, but you will still be able to ride it. You might just try to remove your current map and reinstall it.

I did run the bike without the PC for the weekend, actually didn't notice much difference for what i did with the bike (mainly town riding).

Now the dealership who sold me and installed the PC confirmed that it was defective, the error code is C32 (injector problem) and originates from the PC. They are now awaiting a response from Dynojet to see if the unit will be repaired or replaced. I sure hope it will be replaced!

Meanwhile i can ride the bike...

race.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118807689 -->

Back