Busa 2000, not smooth ride... :(

vicious bond

Registered
Hi guys, greetings from Brazil,
well my busa
is showing a odd behaviour,
since i am a newbie with this machine...
only 3 months since i bought it, I took too long to discover
that it is not running as it's supose to be...
after take it back to the shop i bought, and re-map 2 times already
still couldn't put it right
the symptoms:
from about 2000 to 3500 rpm it is running
like it had too much fuel injected...
gasping, hesitanting when acelerating hard...
yesterday the tech switch one spark plug that he said whas not too good, after a small improvemement, it is not good as it should...
My busa have an akrapovic full titanium,
before the spark plug switch it was back firing a lot with flames on the exaust... the flames are gone and the backfifre is not as often as before, but still backfifre a bit,
the odd thing after 4000 rpm everything is good
it acelerates fast, no hesitation, no firing, last week I went to 290 km/h no probs at all...
what could it be??
bad fuel injectors?
bad air filter?
bad fuel filters?
a TRE could sane this prob?
what about a powwer commander?

thx !

Welcome to the board.

1. Has the pair valve been removed? If not remove it and install block off plates.

2. Do you have a power commander loaded with the M312-013 map supplied by Dyna for the Akrapovic exhaust? If not get one and get the map on it.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117368822 -->

Welcome to the board.

1. Has the pair valve been removed? If not remove it and install block off plates.

2. Do you have a power commander loaded with the M312-013 map supplied by Dyna for the Akrapovic exhaust? If not get one and get the map on it.
1- don't know... will ask!!
smile.gif

2- I am planning to... but things here in brazil is so expensive...
a power commander costs around a 1.000 USD instaled...
my used 2.000 busa cost me almost 20.000 USD
sad.gif

hummm...
one more question...
about the pair valve...
that tutorial posted in another thread
about put a marble on the pair valve's hose
will do
rock.gif

hummm...
one more question...
about the pair valve...
that tutorial posted in another thread
about put a marble on the pair valve's hose
will do
rock.gif
Yes the marble trick should work and I would bet that it will illiminate the backfire problems your having. To really get it right you are going to have to get the PC. Not having the PC and still having the pair valve installed are what is causing your problem so don't waist your time and money looking for another problem. Don't you know anyone in the states that could help you out with one and ship it to you? You can do the install yourself in 10 minutes BTW.

May not be the case, but I would try the PAIR valve like Krieg said. You can also send a PM to JohnnyCheese since he's the resident mechanical expert.

well, finally I think we found the problem,
I took the bike to other repair shop, a better one (i hope)
after put it on a machine that analyses exaust fumes
comes the veredict, as I suspect , too much gas , the mix were too rich, then we start to look for the cause,
It was not the sparks plugs or the air filter or the fuel injector,
in fact, this bike stayed put for too long before I buy it...
so the gas on the chamber went bad and left a lot of residues on the combustion chamber and the valves are not working well, leaking fuel inside the combustion chamber, so in low rpm the bike was terrible...
solution:
open the superior part of the engine, clean and regulate all the valves, and the combustion chamber, clean fuel injection system, switch gas filter...
my bike will stay in the I.C.U. for a week...
and I have to pay about 500 usd for it...
sucks...
but i hope this will solve the question....
about the pair valve, today i look in to it and already been removed...

thx guys!

I'd still buy a used PC off ebay, you can get one for a couple hundred bucks, download a map. They're easy enough to install, I'm sure someone here would talk you through it.

Back