Just breakin it in..

clock

Registered
I'm just breakin in my new busa (unconceiveably awesome bike) and within 300 miles, I've noticed these things:

- While starting once, sounded as if starter hung for a second
- Slight ticking or buzzing noise which began at 290 miles
- Several times I mis-shifted seems 5th & 6th are "notchy"

The "ticking" sounds like a lifter tick or something like a bracket loosened up and is buzzing. It's kinda faint and around 2000 - 3500 rpm and coming from front of the engine.

??Are these common, is the ticking normal engine noise ??

i have about the same sound and it will change a little.. well thats what the suzuki dealer said!!
wink.gif

I think you'll find that the ticking sound is common to the Busa. Mine did it, and now that I think of it, not sure if it still does or not...haha I have about 1300 miles right now.

I'm on my second one and they both would tick once and a while usually when cold  
wink.gif
crank it up to about 180....you won't hear it anymore
tounge.gif

Mine does it and has done it. I don't think you notice it at first but from what I have read and heard it has one of the noisiest engines of all sportbikes. As far as the false neutral, hit it harder when you shift from 5th to 6th. It is very common with the Busa.

Thanks for the responses...I've owned just about every type of bike and the busa is awesome... I've read the trans smoothes out after breakin and synthetic oil. Mmaaann am I lookin foward to letting this thing stretch it's leggs.

just like a formula one car souds like s--t at idle. same with busa untill you let her rip>>>>>>>>>

Busa's are just noisy. Once use to it, you will be able to tell if the noise is out of normal range. Clutches are very noisy. Adjust your shift lever down, will help with false neutrals.

my tranny is still a little notchy at 2500 miles and 3 oil changes 2 with filter 1 without ?

i was shifting into 5 and 6 gear at to low speed.wound it up alittle shifted much better .had 2 busa,s 2ooo and 2005 both engines noisy but caused no problems.

Thanks guys...  I'm at about 1200 miles..... all's well. (still grinnin') The ticking or buzzing is still there but unchanged.  It quits at 3000 rpm.  Back tire doesn't seem like it's gonna last long though.

FYI - 90% of the noise that I was hearing was from the windscreen. !!! A lil dab will do ya !!!

Thanks alot.

Ps. Got 2K on it - 165 whew!!

Back tires DON'T last, that is normal.

Engine ticking noise is normal, I've got 20,000 miles on mine and it's been there since day one. Worst case bring it to the dealer, it's under warranty..make them take care of it.

Like someone said move your shifter down it WILL help.

Had the same noise checked by dealer at 1500 miles. Told me it was normal. 22k mile later, they seem to be correct.

Back