During a downshift to 1st gear, bike cuts off.

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
So far this has happened twice...During a downshift to 1st gear, the bike cuts off. Both time this has happened after about an hour or so ride. Matter of fact is happened this morning while riding into work. I went to downshift in first while approaching the light. The next thing I notice the bike cuts off. I quickly cut it back on and proceed through the light. Any clue as to what the hell is going on? FYI - My Busa has ~6400 miles on it and it is an '04.
Thanks,
D-

Wish I could help you out but I have never had that happen. Any way you could have bumped the kick stand with you foot during the downshift?

what is your idle set at? It should be around 1100rpm. If it drops to low it will stall out.

If I had to take a guess, definitely take a look at the idle. Mine would do this every so often before I readjusted the idle, and since has never happened.

yep , check your idle,too low and it cuts out. you can adjust it,when bike is warmed up,by lifting the tank.adjuster is on the r/h side..

Check you idle. It should be aroung 1050 to 1250... I used to have the same problem when I installed my Muzzy full exhaust sytem. I presume the PC3 did something to change the idle... well anyway, I increased the idle RPM and reset the Throtle Position Sensor. Things returned back to normal after that
biggrin.gif

How many times to we have to say the same thing?
rock.gif
Oh ya, check your idle.
tounge.gif

Check you idle. It should be aroung 1050 to 1250... I used to have the same problem when I installed my Muzzy full exhaust sytem. I presume the PC3 did something to change the idle... well anyway, I increased the idle RPM and reset the Throtle Position Sensor. Things returned back to normal after that
biggrin.gif
Currently my bike idles at 1000rpm. I will adjust it to idle at 1100 rpm. Hopefully that will settle the problem.
Thanks!

mad.gif
...it is because of low idle that i almost dropped my baby..she stalled on me before i took off and almost caught me by surprised
wow.gif
good thing i caught it, but it took a lot out of me...adjust your idle, maybe it will help..

I have an '04 with 3500 and it just started doing it withing the last 300 miles, my idle had dropped down to about 900. i adjusted to about 1100 but haven't put her all back together yet. nothin sucks worse than stallin out in traffic during a turn!

Here's a tip:

If you're riding and notice you're idle is too low, you can use the "choke" lever to raise it a bit until you can get somewhere to adjust it.

Back