Issues to be wary of when buying second hand Busa

aussie

Registered
Hi everyone,

I am new to the board here and currently am running around on a FZ1. I am seriously looking at the Busa for my next bike, which is why I thought I better get on here and learn a bit about it.
Anyway the reason for my post, because I am not overly familiar with this bike, is to ask whether or not there are any Busa specific problems or issues that I need to be aware of when buying second hand.

Oh and while I am here I suppose I better say hi and that I am happy to be here
beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Aussie.

Haven't heard of any specific problems. You should, however, have the Busa thoroughly checked. I have an '04 LE and it has 6500 miles. It runs just as mean as the day I got her.
smile.gif

g'day, gotta watch the earlier ones .known to blow up the starter clutch if it backfires like if you push start on a flat battery. thats what happened my first one.later ones are modified.other than that little bug all is well, and welcome to the board mate.

Welcome to the board.

99's Fuel pump recall
99's and 00's Cam Chain Tensioner recall.
Just make sure if you go with one of the early models make sure the recalls have been done.
cool.gif

Thanks guys. So basically there a a few recall issues to be wary of but that is it. Apprecaite your input fellas
smile.gif

Not much wrong with a Busa. Just be careful of buying a second-hand bike. Once the sale is complete it's all on you. Have it checked out by a mechanic for any possible problems. Welcome to the board!

Also don’t forget the earlier model Aluminum frame.

I forgot which year they switched, but the earlier model aluminum sub frames, while lighter, can crack. (at least that is what I have heard, no personal experience in anyway)

Yeah what BigBSBusa said.

Anytime you by a used performance vehicle, you need to ask yourself "why is this person selling it?"

I mean unless you are buying it from someone who bought it then was transferred over seas and it just sat, or they bought it and honestly never road it because they shid themselves every time they got on it, chances are the bike has been ridden

And if you read the posts on the board, guys are always bragging about riding wheelies, doing burnouts.

So not trying to kill anyone’s sale, but just keep it in mind, if you don’t have the money to buy brand new, expect to get something that has been ridden if you know what I mean.

FZ1 is a nice bike-- specially for the price! You'll love the busa just get one with very low miles and a later year (04/05)

Haven't heard of any specific problems.
ignore him. He's been smoking crack. Again.

fuel pumps(99-01,they are KRAP)
the sub frame(the alloy ones can crack)
the cam chain adjuster(updated 3 times now) (still junk)
starter clutch(can nuke yer motor)
shiddy front brakes(all)
shiddy steering dampner

am I forgetting something....

o ya... blah blah blah....

Yeah what BigBSBusa said.

Anytime you by a used performance vehicle, you need to ask yourself "why is this person selling it?"

I mean unless you are buying it from someone who bought it then was transferred over seas and it just sat, or they bought it and honestly never road it because they shid themselves every time they got on it, chances are the bike has been ridden

And if you read the posts on the board, guys are always bragging about riding wheelies, doing burnouts.

So not trying to kill anyone’s sale, but just keep it in mind, if you don’t have the money to buy brand new, expect to get something that has been ridden if you know what I mean.
so true so true.......

Recalls are covered regardless of the owner.

Contact a dealer and ask them if the recalls have been done on your bike. THey can run the vin and see.

Back