New LE Busa

Bergster

Donating Member
Registered
495 miles on the clock. picked up oil and filter on the way home. fired the bike up rode it around for about 15 minutes to get it warmed up. got home took it apart dropped the oil and filter, put a little oil in the filter, filled it up to spec. fired it up and no oil pressure after about 10 seconds and was starting to make a little noise so I shut it down. waited a few minutes and did it again, still no oil pressure. called the dealer and they gave me some crap about not letting them do it and then started asking questions. told them the same thing as above. told me to crank it up wile on the phone and to look at the oil level glass wile it was running. I did and he said it should drop when it started. it didn't then he told me to rev it just a bit, I revved it to about 2000 rpm and it started to make a lot of clunking noise and still no oil pressure. anyone else had this problem?
sad.gif

nope, sorry. I don't ever remember anyone haveing that problem either.......Any way the filter is not installed right?

fram filter. dealer told me to put back together and bring it to him. he said if it comes down to it he would say they did the service and no oil pressure. dont know if I want to play with it any more.

fram filter.  dealer told me to put back together and bring it to him.  he said if it comes down to it he would say they did the service and no oil pressure.  dont know if I want to play with it any more.
I wouldn't start playing with it till the warranty period is over....It is good you have a descent dealer or he could just say sorry now it is your problem

Read this link, could it be your new filter has this problem?

<a href="http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterStudy.html" target="_blank">Filters
</a>

More info.. Filter info

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116893917 -->

Dayuuum man, you're in a spot,prolly should have put the original filter back on and took it to the dealer.

sounds like yer oil pump went south...

I've never heard of a filter killing a pump on start up thou...

Try re-installing the old filter...who knows?

If you end up repairing it yer self, re and re of the oil pump wouldn't be impossible. I believe it lives under the clutch.Its gear driven , so there is no chain to mess with. It wouldn't be too bad.

yeah id start from scratch new oil and filter , and retrace your steps ,  check the oil that comes out for METAL! THE OIL  THAT HAS ONLY BEEN IN FOR A MINUTE IS NFG!
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|johnstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116814927 -->

Take it to the dealer as is. It's under warranty. If the the new filter you put on is the problem, document everything and file a claim with Fram. Either way you are covered.

Keep us posted.

Fram? Geezus man dont be so fvcking cheap. Use an OEM filter they are not THAT much more.

Ok, I am not 100% but I have heard that Suzuki will not warranty it if you dont use an OEM filter...just to be safe
id throw a Suzuki on there.

Fram blow man, for the love of God man, please stop using their products.

Straight to the dealer you go. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. Let them take care of the problem since they seem to be willing to help you out here.

Thanks for all the replys.  I couldnt wait, it was just looking at me so I pulled it back apart and took the filter off.  It all looked OK so I bumped it over, to see if it would spit oil out and it did.  
smile.gif
 so I spun the filter back on and fired it up.  the oil light went off instantly.  I ran it for a few minutes and no problems.  I put everything back together and rode it around for a wile.  I didn't hear any funny sounds so I twisted it up a few times and everything seems to be ok.  The only thing I can figure is the oil pump vapor locked or something.  Who knows.  Ran it around shut it off and restarted many times through the day and its a ok.  Go Figure.  Again thanks for all the replys, you guys are great!

P.S. think I might take it in for the first service now.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116860410 -->

I know you probably like working on your bike yourself (so do I) but the first service should be done by the dealer. It's good to hear that the problem is fixed.

I may just be paranoid, but I would still bring it to the dealership even if everything is going o.k. right now. Tell them you had no oil presure but now it seems fine and you want them to check it out. This way you have documentation that something went wrong during the warranty period just in case it goes south once it's out of warranty. Worth a shot.

Back