Vibes at 90mph

Lloyd

Registered
This 2000 Busa has always had increased vibes at 90 mph indicated..Anyone know a cure for this? It is just in that range. Below that hardley none at all and above that it is lessened..I can live with this vibe but it seems to be more noticable than it used to be...

Pipe,USB PCIII,KN,pair valve block offs are the only engine mods..

Thanks..

its normal you should be at about 4500-5000rpms dont like it go faster

My '05 has same vibes @ 90mph. It's actually kinda handy, don't have to look at speedo, I just know when I'm @ 90 mph!
biggrin.gif

Depedsd what you mean by vibes?? If set up right you should not feel much vibration even up to 150mph. More then 60 mph howeve4...

My '05 has same vibes @ 90mph.  It's actually kinda handy, don't have to look at speedo, I just know when I'm @ 90 mph!
biggrin.gif
Yup, this bike has done it since day one really. I remember the ex-owner commenting about it on a trip to Chicago in 2001.. The bike is really smooth till you hit 90 indicated and you feel the engine..On carberated bikes we sync the carbs for vibes....Makes alot of difference..

mine does the same around 90.... it goes away above or below 90.
wink.gif

That's how I knew I was going to fast.
laugh.gif
My 2000 did the same thing.

I do hear a differance in the motor right about there so does my buddy on his.

It's interesting the vibration is at 1/2 the redline. Could it be a second harmonic vibration starts at red line.
Apparently it's normal among bikes theres a vibration RPM. Above and below it smooths out. Heard the Honda Blackbird with it's vibration counter balance discs run smoothly at any RPM.
Heh the saying goes. When at 90 mph the Busa starts engine vibrations. Busa is saying to go faster
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116883182 -->

same here,when i bought my 05 90 indicated about 4600 rpm there was a noticeable vibration,after i changed the pipe,pc,smallbox,pair block and bmc race it all but disapeared,which was a nice side bennifet as i spend a fair amount of time at that rpm

Back