Starting Probs GRRRRRR

gazza

Registered
I have a 2000 model busa
it is slowly getting worse at starting it wizzes over fine just doesnt seam to want to fire this seams worse on a cold start
i have the tre mod and race cans on her i have had to clean out fuel pump filters to cure jurking in 2 and 3 gear and this worked fine i have noticed from the plugs that she seams to be running rich so i have ordered a new air filter could this just be the problem an airfilter ?

any help thanks gazza ps once she is running she runs fine and flys

I have a 2000 model busa
it is slowly getting worse at starting it wizzes over fine just doesnt seam to want to fire this seams worse on a cold start
i have the tre mod and race cans on her i have had to clean out fuel pump filters to cure jurking in 2 and 3 gear and this worked fine i have noticed from the plugs that she seams to be running rich so i have ordered a new air filter could this just be the problem  an airfilter ?

any help thanks gazza    ps once she is running she runs fine and flys
air filter may be a contributing factor...but I doubt it...

but I'd lean(hehehehe) towards a fuel prob. The 99 an' 00 fuel pumps are shid. You said you cleaned the pumps fuel filters.... did you take out the screen at the end? and clean it,its a bidge to get out,but it needs to be done? did you take out the paper 1 and throw it away? and NOT replace it...DO NOT replace it. did you clean out the injectors (they will be full of paper particles from that shiddy fuel pump filter) did you install an inline fuel filter?

thanks for your reply guys i did remove the small filter from the fuel pump but i left the paper one in there is it better to remove them both ? i read in pasts posts to remove the small one i was thinking of doing the injectors next but havnt looked how to do them yet is it a big job ? that shoul keep me busy

yes i can here the pump clicking when i turn the key and i can here the pump priming

thanks gazza

Back