What the Hell is wrong with this beast

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Alright as you all know, my chain broke and tore up some ####. That was all fine and dandy but now we have a big problem. Got everything all assembled on the stands. Started it up ran it for awhile and Shifted it into gear on the stands...ok it went into gear just fine...I tightened the chain blah blah.

Well I get it off the stands start backing it down the driveway in neautral, pull the clutch in shift and bam it dies...I'm thinking well it may just be acting funny. Did it about ten times sam results each time. I'm thinking what the hell

I check the clutch piston thing fine it got fluid, its been bleed alot but something don't seem right...It doesn't fell like there is much pressure but the piston is moving.

Is there something I am overlooking....Also I had to replace the rod sticking out of the side of the motor. Could it be that when it broke it screwed something else up inside the tranny???

Help Me Please

John

Check the safety switch on the kick stand.
is it dying loud,hard and fast....

maybe the side stand switch took a hit... is it marked up ?

or maybe the wiring for same.

Test it by putting the bike in first,pulling the clutch,but have the side stand DOWN. It shouldn't even try to start.

thats the first test anyway...

I'm not a fisherman...

who bled the clutch?  does it go into gear easily?

With engine OFF.  put in gear. try to push,shouldn't move.

Now pull the clutch, should be able to roll it.
I bled the clutch repeated times. No air coming out just fluid, Had a little air come out in the beginning. Dosn't move with it in gear and engine off but does when in neutral. It is just not disnegaging. SHould you be able to push the rod on the side of the motor in to disnegage the clutch..

pull the slave cyl off... while squeezing the slave cyl with one hand, pull the clutch lever with your other hand.... does the slave cyl piston move?

So you are saying that the clutch will not disengage, correct?? I will have to check my manual when I get home, but I rebuilt the clutch slave on my Yamaha & there was a small metal ball between the rod & the clutch spring. If the Busa has one & it rolled out when you pulled the rod, the clutch will not disengage. I will do some checking & let you know.
smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing about the ball, as my Ysr 50 has one like that. If you leave the ball out, there won't be enough travel to make the clutch disengage.

do you guys think it could have broke or dislodged itself, I ask because I cannot even manually push that rod in to disengage the clutch

A salvaged engine I got had a Chain rip through the sprocket cover area. Sheered off the clutch pin, cracked off a cover mount, wasted the sprocket cover and tore a hole in the water pump hose.
Had to pull the clutch cover off to force the remaining clutch pin out. Replaced all the parts. The busted sprocket cover mount had to make a custom hold down. 1/8" flat metal bar shaped and bent to hold the screw hole on the cover and connect to the Crankcase verticle bolt on the engine case. It's very simple and a big improvement. There's allot of flexing happening on the sprocket cover if it isn't bolted down. Enough to not allow the clutch to release. Heh I autta patent the metal flat bar clutch mod. But it looks to much like a shoe horn
biggrin.gif

just took the clutch cover off and checked other end. Looks great so do the clutch plates by the way...woo hoo guess won't be changing them. My whole thing is there is no pressure in the clutch handle...What the hell...Maybe screwed up the piston it whenit went boom????maybe who the hell knows

Back