Power Commander PROBLEM!!!!

foresteronw

Registered
I just tried pulling the map off of my power commander and I get a message that power commander and software are not compatible or some #### like that. I have a PCIIIr and the disk says 2.7.7.29. When I hooked it up to the bike it was recognizing the RPM's, but not the map. The tables were nothing but a bunch of X's. The guy that mapped my bike says he doens't know how to pull the map from his computer to email to me, otherwise he would (long story).

I tried different serial ports and the only one that works is Serial Port 1.

So how the hell do I get my map up so I can download it to a disk? Also when that table comes up the only option it gives me on the right is to load a new file.

Is it possible that there is no map on the Power Commander and this is why the bike is running like #### or that the PC is bad? Is it possible to loose a map?

I've got a question now that I've got my map up.

should there be any adjustments on the ignition table?

Here are the mods
Webb Cams
BDE GenIII
Short Stacks
Small Box mod
BMC Race filter
PC3r
Custom Map

I've got a question now that I've got my map up.  

should there be any adjustments on the ignition table?

Here are the mods
Webb Cams
BDE GenIII
Short Stacks
Small Box mod
BMC Race filter
PC3r
Custom Map
You should have the dude that mapped your PC, send you a PRINT OUT of all the numbers for your map. THen you could just plug them in... ;)

I had issues getting my existing map off the PC as well... In fact when I was trying to get the old map off, I ended up loosing my map. Never did quite figure that out...

Thanks to Johhnycheese I've gotten the map off of my bike, now I'm trying to figure out if there is anything wrong with it and if it's the reason my bike has been running like ass.

(hard to start, running rich and stumbles around 3 to 4K)

I'm being hardheaded and don't want to bring it into a shop and have them go oh yea here it is, it's this sensor bad or this hose needs to be replaced. I want to try and fix this on my own but the more time it's taking me the more I'm ready to give up.

A guy mapped it for me in Western Mass. I got his contact info from the Dynojet website. I wasn't knee deep in the forums to know where to take it at the time I got it mapped otherwise I would have brought it to DaveO. I've since found out that the guy that mapped the bike is a complete tool and has screwed up maintenance on other peoples bikes so I'm not so confident in what he has done on mine. Live and learn I guess. I'm starting to think that I might just need to bite the bullet and bring it somewhere else.

Im going to try to install a map in mine tonite. Its used so im guessing it as a map in it. Any over all tips to remove and install maps?

Speaking of maps and shameless plugs.

JC is the man!! thanks JC for the map you loaded on the PC I bought from you.

for everyone else, I purchased a Power Commander USB from Johnnycheese. I told him what I was running and he guessed at which map to load on to the power commander

His guess seems to be right on. I have no doubt if I took it to a tuner they “mightâ€￾ be able to tweak it a little. But my Busa is running great, no backfires and if anyone could tune it any better I don’t think they could do much to it.

I think JC’s guess at my map was better than a lot of tuners could do if they had the bike in front of them.

So thanks again JC

Experience is the name of the game JC knows his s$%t because he has seen it or done it and that kind of experience cannot be taken for granted.

smile.gif

Back