The joys of electicity

Eldritch_Speed

Registered
I just bought a topgun undertail for my '05. I got the signal lights to work but I cant seem to get the brake lights to come on. I hooked them to the battery they work fine, but when I hook them to the harness and plug them in I get nothin. No running light and no light when I hit either brake. Thank you in advance.

grim.gif
Ready to die.

Not wuite sure but just make sure you are getting hooked to the right wires....there isn't much chance for problems...If it worked b4 and doesn't work now then there has to be something not connected right....don't know what else to tell you....

If they are LED lights they are polarity-sensitive.

Make sure you are connecting the positive wire to the positive terminal on the lights. If they aren't working try reversing the connectors.

LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) only allow current to flow in one direction. "Ordinary" incandescent bulbs use a filament that allows flow in either direction (polarity-blind.)

If they are LED lights they are polarity-sensitive.

Make sure you are connecting the positive wire to the positive terminal on the lights. If they aren't working try reversing the connectors.

LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) only allow current to flow in one direction. "Ordinary" incandescent bulbs use a filament that allows flow in either direction (polarity-blind.)
Never knew that about LEDs, very very interesting....didn't even think about it....thanks man, that will be one piece of info I will hold onto and it 10 years it will be knowledge...

Back