Strange noise after oil change

bs72069

Registered
Saturday i changed my oil (silkolene pro 4 10w40). After the oil and filter change and 3.5 quarts of oil i started the bike and for 2 seconds or less it made a strange sound before the oil preasure light went out. It sounded like valve tap but not sure.
Rode the bike today and havent notice nothing wrong. Still strong in power. Has anyone experience this or know what it could of been?

Saturday i changed my oil (silkolene pro 4 10w40). After the oil and filter change and 3.5 quarts of oil i started the bike and for 2 seconds or less it made a strange sound before the oil preasure light went out. It sounded like valve tap but not sure.
Rode the bike today and havent notice nothing wrong. Still strong in power. Has anyone experience this or know what it could of been?
nothing should have happened. were the plastics off when you started it up. you just may have heard the typically noisey suzuki motor.

bs72069,

Hey, 3.5 is with no filter change. You actually need to be putting 3.7 in. Personally, I just put in 4 Quarts after a oil and filter change.

Stealth,

02 SE 26K

there is nothing wrong, what you are hearing is when you drain the oil from your motor there is no oil in the pump so when you start it after filling it up it takes a second for the pump to pick up oil and to pump it throughout the motor so until the tappets get oil they will clatter shouldn't last more than a few seconds most times just til the oil light goes out. some people don't like it and will crank their motors but not let it start til the oil light goes out then start it, but I would rather just start the motor and let it get oil as soon as possible.

Actually 3.3 quarts oil only change and 3.5 with filter. So he was right the first time. 4 quarts would be way over...

hey, how do them Wolf slip ons look/sound... post a pic
thanks for the reply... BullShid 72069

ya lazy fug...
They look good. Sound wise waiting to set a camera up and do a couple of drive bys. Am curious myself what they sound like to while the bike is going by.

Picture_491.jpg

Back