Smoke

truckman

Registered
My 05 Busa seems to blow smoke on initial cold start (not condensation) out of both pipes. This is my 3rd busa and the other 2 didn't do it. any thoughts? thks

What color smoke? It could be a few things...leaking antifreeze into the cylinders will cause a sweet smell and a whitish smoke, black smoke is usually the bike running rich and blue smoke is oil...but it's an '05 so it shouldn't be any of those :/

Does it go away when the bike warms up? The choke just speeds the idle up and doesn't richen the fuel mixture, so I can't see it being that. How many miles on the bike?

can you give any more details other then it smokes...
biggrin.gif

If your still breaking it in the rings may not be seated yet and might be getting some blow by.

If it is brand new and very low miles than the guys are right just may be some blow by or even some oil that lines the cylinders after you shut down...If the rings are not fully seated they will leave more oil on the cyl walls which will burn off on start up....once they seat they will run so close that the amount of oil on the cyl walls will be so thin that any that burns off will not be noticeable at all....

If you have higher miles on the bike 500+ then there may be an issue with the rings seating or perhaps the cyl walls did not break in correctly and still have some cross hatching....

Appreciate the feedback. white smoke which goes away pretty quick but lingers in the air unlike condensation. I have 600 miles on the bike and changed oil at 300 miles. I broke the bike in hard and it runs fast. The first busa I owned I broke in soft and it ended up being that way. not really worried about the smoke just didn't seem to happen on my other 2. thks

Yea mine did the same thing. I have 1000 and change on it now and have not seen it so the rings idea may have been the deal. No worries I'm sure.

Back