Fuel Pump not on?

Copsgirl00

Registered
I did some searching on this,but still can't figure out the problem.My B/f has an 01 Busa with PC & full Hindle exhaust. It ran great until today.After about 30 miles the bike starts sputtering then stalls.He pulls over and kill it,when he turns the key on the fuel pump just keeps running..We sit for a few minutes then it runs ok for about a mile then does the same thing.So we sit again,this time for about 20 minutes..the bike starts and runs fine for about 20 miles,then stalls again.. Well now when you turn the key the gauges power up but the fuel pump does not come on at all.But it will actually start and idle but when you roll the throttle it dies?.. Any suggestions on where to start before taking it to the stealership??Thanks in advance!

rock.gif

Welcome to the board.

It could be a clogged fuel filter....or a bad fuel pump
wink.gif

I did some searching on this,but still can't figure out the problem.My B/f has an 01 Busa with PC & full Hindle exhaust. It ran great until today.After about 30 miles the bike starts sputtering then stalls.He pulls over and kill it,when he turns the key on the fuel pump just keeps running..We sit for a few minutes then it runs ok for about a mile then does the same thing.So we sit again,this time for about 20 minutes..the bike starts and runs fine for about 20 miles,then stalls again.. Well now when you turn the key the gauges power up but the fuel pump does not come on at all.But it will actually start and idle but when you roll the throttle it dies?.. Any suggestions on where to start before taking it to the stealership??Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

It could be a clogged fuel filter....or a bad fuel pump[/QUOTE]
Ditto on that !
If that doesn't work check out www.suzukihayabusa.org, somebody over there will diffinetly have an answer for you.

Also welcome aboard !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115736399 -->

Thanks for the welcomes & the advice..Bike goes to the shop tomorrow,so I'll post an update when I get one..                                      OOPS! Didn't realize I was on the wrong screen name..Copsgirl  
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|graffyracing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115812685 -->

By design, the ECM closes the circuit to the fuel pump relay on inital key on for 3 seconds, then the ECM shuts off the circuit to the fuel pump relay. When the ECM receives the signal from the crank sensor, it turns the circuit back on to the fuel pump relay.

By your description it seems that you have two different problems, one is a stuck fuel pump relay and the other appears to be a lack of fuel. The stuck relay could be caused by a bad fuel pump which is drawing too much current and is now welded itself shut.

Keep us informed please.

welcome to the board...
biggrin.gif

I suppose your problem must be a faulty fuel pump. I suggest you get it checked... and error from the ECU will flash the FI light

If you need a new fuel pump PM me. I've got one in the for sale section out of a 2003 that works with the sending unit.

Either way though let us know what happens.

"how come "the cop" has his "cops girl" postin up an' fixin' his bike for him.

mmmmm odd...." Cause I'm better at askin for help
wink.gif
I won't be fixin this bike,but I do work on my own..

Well got the bike back from the shop yesterday, the mechanic said he could not find anything wrong??? My b/f took it to the dragstrip last night and all went well.Can't figure it out cuz I know something was wrong...
rock.gif

I would guess your fuel tank is getting vapor locked then. Next time it happens lift the tank and crack loose a bolt or two on the fuel pump. I'm not sure if it will work just by lifting the gas cap, but I've heard of this happening to people and they said they had to crack a couple of bolts loose to remove the vapor lock situation.

"how come "the cop" has his  "cops girl" postin up an' fixin' his bike for him.

mmmmm odd...."                                                                                                                                                               Cause I'm better at askin for help
wink.gif
    I won't be fixin this bike,but I do work on my own..
you work on yer own....cool
cool.gif

Vapor lock. I had the same thing happen to me once years ago.
a vapour lock caused the fuel pump to continue to run?

really?
no, I guess I didn't clarify enough. A vapro lock caused my old GSXR to run sporatically as described. The fuel pump could be a variety of things, or nothing at all. If I continued to experience problems I myself would employ Hakim's Razor and disconnect the PC first to see if the map is bad and then check for a kinked fuel line. Just my two cents though.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116604711 -->

Back