help from experts

smoke215

Donating Member
Registered
I have chrome brake/clutch resivoirs and handles, and have a small problem.  The clutch lever feels spongy, and sometimes, when riding a while, isnt springy anymore.  It kinda feels off, andthe release point changes.
I was told it may have air in the system, and to use a vacuum pump or something??  Does this sound right??
Also, where do I get one, or how much would it cost to fix it.
Thanks very much!!

<!--EDIT|smoke215
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115460631 -->

Sounds like they do need to be bled like 'painless4u' said!

...You dont need any vaccume pump! Just bleed the clutch liners... There is instructions of how to do that in your manual! ...alternatively you can also ask a mechanic to do it!!!

Yeah , bleeding the clutch liners should solve the problem.. no vacuum pump required..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

...You dont need any vaccume pump! Just bleed the clutch liners...
whats a clutch liners ?

anyway,sounds like air in the system . the system is comprised of the clutch master cylinder,the connecting hose(or line) and the clutch slave.  The clutch slave is where you need to bleed the air from.

Sounds like somebody suggested a vacuum tool of some sort.
  Like a Mighty Vac or equivelant.
They work AWESOME.  They enable you to actually pull the air/fluid from the line without allowing air to enter back into the system.
  Not totally nessecary...but gr8 tools.

Would you like a walk thru on bleeding air from yer clutch system ?

My guess is you've already takin' care of it.  lots of pee pul ask for help here, then dont bother to check back. Time wastin' bastids.

So I'll save my typin' finger.  Might come in handy for somethin' else.:;):

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "cause I care....hehehehe"|1115738443 -->

Back