05 Limited Gunmetal Gray

ram4whldr

Registered
While someone was working on my 05 limited they scratched it and it was only 4 days old. I have been trying to find the color match for a week. I called my dealer and they told me to call color rite. Then color rite has no clue about the color. Can anyone please help me locate the color code or something so I can buy some paint to get the scratches fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Color-Rite would be about the only folks I know of. They did just start releasing the bikes, so it may not have been released yet.

I contacted color-rite before about the code, (I want to get my undertail painted before my LE come in)
They told me to call Suzuki's customer service phone number, and tell them I needed the paint code, give them my VIN # (to prove I own an LE) that Suzuki would give me the paint code. then call Color Rite back, give them the code, and they would make the paint.
The problem is, I dont have my LE yet, so I cant call Suzuki with the VIN#, So maybe try that, if you get it, post it on here, so I can get some paint too.

Well the dealership did not scratch it, but another guy did at a bike show. He is going to pay for it but I need the paint code to get the local guys to paint it. As far as your undertail goes, I have sent my rear seat cowl to mototeck in canada. They had a custom paint match done and have produced about 100 tails that color. I should be getting my tail and cowl back next week!

I need it 2. I need to get my inner panels done. I also wanted to get my undertail and hugger all the same color as well

I found the color code finally. But I don't have it here with me. I have contacted color-rite with the code and they don't have anything in their system to match that code yet. I will continue checking with them weekly and then I will post the complete information here on the post.

i am a bodyshop manager here in south texas,anyways my paint supplier (ppg) has a camera that takes picture of the paint surface and then will then either give you the closest possible color code or will give you the formula to have it mixed professionaly....look at your local bodyshop for possible help.

No, I don't really know anyone on a busa down here, but I wish I could meet a few people to ride with.  But anyway, I have a great body guy down here and he always sends me to the local carquest where the guy has always taken pictures of all of my vehicles and matched the paint for all of my aftermarket accessories for my mustang and my trucks.  But this time when I took my bike he said the they couldn't match it because it is a "tri-color" or something like that.  In other works he said something about it not just being a color that they could just match and spray.  It would take a certain amount of different shades sprayed on top of each other to form the same color and he believed that it would never match exactly, maybe not even real close.  So as soon as color-rite gets the paint, they said it will come in a 3 color kit with some sort of directions on painting it.  Again, I don't really know anything about paint so I am just going by what I am told!

that does make a difference when it's a tri coat or 3 stage paint,they are correct in what they are telling you about applying several different coats of paint.you get a chance-ride over to mcallen and meet up with some of them guys over there!there a great bunch and we hang out with them as much as possible..theres only afew busa's in there group (the smart riders)
biggrin.gif
..anyways--well maybe some day our paths will cross and we can wheelie together (that just sounded gay)..we go to south padre on the bikes every year,,,p#s$y magnets!gotta get back to my post about my busa popping in second gear----it's driving me nutzzzzzzz....

That sounds good. I have not had a chance to ride up to McAllen at their thursday night hang out but i will sometime soon. Let me know if and when your group is heading this way!

Chowan is right. That is the color code I received as well. I called color-rite again today and they have phantom gray metallic, but it is a kawasaki color. They said it would not match the suzuki color most likely. Let me know if anyone finds out anything!! Please!!

Back