Battery Leaking

Truckracer

Registered
Took the Busa for a ride Sunday,everything was going great, we stopped for lunch and my son says "Whats that white crap on the left side of the swingarm?" Turns out its battery acid. Damn battery is pouring it out the top, backside. There is no vent tube. So the acid runs down into the battery box and out a smalll drain hole in the back left corner. Its on the swingarm mount, arm, chain, left side exhaust & can. I was 150 miles from home so I rode it home, pulled the battery, rinsed everthing with water and followed that with baking soda water mix, liberal amounts....

I figure its one of two things, battery is overfull or defective. Or the charging system is fubared and cooking the damn thing.
Dealer came and picked the bike up yesterday afternoon, I haven't heard from them as to what the cause actually was yet.

I guess its the battery thats gone bad...!!

IMO If the charging system was faulty, then there would have been a couple of blown fuses in your fuse box
wink.gif

IMO If the charging system was faulty, then there would have been a couple of blown fuses in your fuse box
wink.gif
fuses normally detect shorts. Not excessive voltage or amperage. Could be the voltage regulator,bad batt, shid like that....no worries, its under warranty right?
hav a good 1...RSD.

wink.gif
fuses normally detect shorts. Not excessive voltage or amperage.     Could be the voltage regulator,bad batt, shid like that....no worries, its under warranty right?  
 hav a good 1...RSD.
hmmm... ok Mr. Rubbha sir!! will keep that in mind
wink.gif

wink.gif

I had the same thing happen to my '03 the day after I bought it. It turned out to be a defective battery. My local dealership replaced the battery, the left side exhaust pipe, and was going to replace the swingarm, but we worked out a deal for some merchandise instead. The swingarm is about $1000 dealer cost, so it was a good bargaining tool.

Good Luck
cool.gif

it is not a defective battery .
it is a defective person who set it up new
The battery comes with no electrolyte (acid) it has to be filled before they deliver the bike. Somebody at the dealership, whoever prepped the bike, over filled the battery. They probably didn't give it a full charge and check the electrolyte level, after you rode it for a while it over flowed.

The battery comes with no electrolyte (acid) it has to be filled before they deliver the bike. Somebody at the dealership, whoever prepped the bike, over filled the battery. They probably didn't give it a full charge and check the electrolyte level, after you rode it for a while it over flowed.
close but incorrect.
it comes with a acid pack with the proper amount of acid.
the problem is most dealerships do not want to lose a sell and the customer doesn't want to wait 6 -10 hours for them to service a battery, so they fill it cap, and throw it on the charger, and the acid never gets a chance to be absorbed.
the customer is then screwed, because it is not warranty.
Most dealers just say it is and fix it, this is why STKR00 dealer worked a deal on the arm,(you should have got the arm because acid never rest) gthey didn't want to eat the parts and labor.

close but incorrect.
it comes with a acid pack with the proper amount of acid.
the problem is most dealerships do not want to lose a sell and the customer doesn't want to wait 6 -10 hours for them to service a battery, so they fill it cap, and throw it on the charger, and the acid never gets a chance to be absorbed.
the customer is then screwed, because it is not warranty.
Most dealers just say it is and fix it, this is why STKR00 dealer worked a deal on the arm,(you should have got the arm because acid never rest) gthey didn't want to eat the parts and labor.
I meant that the electrolyte is not in the battery.....it comes in a plastic bag and the dealer has to fill and charge the battery before the bike is delivered.

Talked with the dealer yesterday, they tell me they are waiting on Suzuki for an answer??? I told them I didn't care what Suzuki said, they owe me the bike back in new condition, just the way I bought it.

Thanks JohnnyCheese, the chain is definitley on the list! Along with swingarm, both exhaust cans etc...

the dealer owes you new parts for the leaking battery.....had the same with mine a couple of years ago when i bought it new....it was on the battery,battery case,swingarm,left can,rear shock and chain.....the dealer replaced everything.....as far as waiting for an answer from suzuki......the answer will be to "change it all out"
smile.gif

Dealer says parts on order..... Guess we will see how long this takes.

They didn't think it was funny when I suggested removing what I needed from the 05 LE on their showroom floor..:)

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115516079 -->

My 05' Busa came with a sealed battery....there is basically no way in hell the battery could leak.

Now its possible the dealer either grabbed the wrong battery for my bike (aka free upgrade for me) or he
grabbed a shitty battery for you....because all the new bike batteries usually go on a shelf and they install
the battery after its uncrated.

There is no way to fvck up a sealed battery when filling it up because everything is pre-measued ..even a retard
could but one of these together.

BTW I forget the battery brand on my bike but its the same brand that Interstate uses. Its basically an $80 Interstate battery.

Now if your sealed battery was leaking then it could be overcharging BUT id say that this scenario is highly unlikely.

FYI, it is a lack of dealer prep. My leaked and shitted up the swing arm, shock, rear wheel, chain, and belly pan. All were replaced under warranty.

Back