brake disc warp?

toys

Registered
hi guys,
help needed here!Need some comments before i buy anything to replace!While i'm moving on my busa and i press on my front brake it will stop and slow down with jerking like Bite and not bite,bite and not bite on the disc rotor!Is my brake disc warp?Or would it be any others things default?What shall i do?Thanks,need expert comments!

Put your bike up on some stands and spin the front wheel. gently apply the front brake and see if it still does the same.If its a rotor problem, you should feel it in the brake lever too. If so, check the mounting bolts for the rotors. Next, wiggle the wheel from side to side ( checking for bearing issues), also check for excessive play in the steering stem bearings. If you have had a front tire mounted recently and had a careless tech do it, they can hit the rotors on the tire machine. It doesnt take a lot to bend one

hi guys,
          help needed here!Need some comments before i buy anything to replace!While i'm moving on my busa and i press on my front brake it will stop and slow down with jerking like Bite and not bite,bite and not bite on the disc rotor!Is my brake disc warp?Or would it be any others things default?What shall i do?Thanks,need expert comments!
My rear was doing the same thing but it was giving me a lot of brake play like i had air in my lines...when i put it on the jack stands and spun teh tire i could see the rotor wobbling. changed it out now the rear brake grabs like a champ

Put your bike up on some stands and spin the front wheel. gently apply the front brake and see if it still does the same.If its a rotor problem, you should feel it in the brake lever too. If so, check the mounting bolts for the rotors. Next,  wiggle the wheel from side to side ( checking for bearing issues), also check for excessive play in the steering stem bearings. If you have had a front tire mounted recently and had a careless tech do it, they can hit the rotors on the tire machine. It doesnt take a lot to bend one
ya, what he said. Going slow, and whacking on the front brake, will provide a definite KLUNK sound if its the head bearings.

I'm guessing some maintenace has been done lately, the average Busa doesn't usually heat warp a rotor, the master is too weak, an' the lines far too sqishy(they expand) to be able to warp a rotor.

Get the front wheel off the ground (race stand,or the ol' kickstand and jack method, whatever it takes) and place a ruler or similar against the front fork with the edge about 1 mm from the rotor, spin the tire, this gives you a fixed point to gauge what is known as out-of-roundness. Shops use a dial indicator, but the backyard method with tell you the same thing, just not in as great a detail.

Busa's have been known to go thru a pair or 2 of wheel bearings. Do you wheelie? Wash yer bike too much? Ride in the rain alot? Use a pressure washer to clean it?

hav a good 1...RSD.

hi guys,
thanks for all your comment!I've just found out the fault on my front brake,which is not all my brake piston extened the same time/lenght!Got 2 piston side by side on each caliper is not moving out smoothly and fully causes brake pad tilted,worn unevenly and causes the braking can't function poperly!Will try to service the caliper asap but any idea here should i at the same time change it to steel braided hose cause i'm now using original brake hose?Any comments again?Really so happy to have guys like you to give me good and realiable comments!Thanks alot!

stell braided break hoses do help in giving you better stopping power

hi guys,
         thanks for all your comment!I've just found out the fault on my front brake,which is not all my brake piston extened the same time/lenght!Got 2 piston side by side on each caliper is not moving out smoothly and fully causes brake pad tilted,worn unevenly and causes the braking can't function poperly!Will try to service the caliper asap but any idea here should i at the same time change it to steel braided hose cause i'm now using original brake hose?Any comments again?Really so happy to have guys like you to give me good and realiable comments!Thanks alot!
check them rotors while yer there. For sure, get some Galfer or similar steel braided, some are teflon or fiber lined, you'll get great stopping power out of 'em. Stock Busa pads also blow, get some hi-po ones.

hav a good 1...RSD.

hi guys,
check them rotors while yer there.  For sure, get some Galfer or similar steel braided, some are teflon or fiber lined, you'll get great stopping power out of 'em.  Stock Busa pads also blow, get some hi-po ones.

hav a good 1...RSD.
hi guys,
i've bought my steel braided hose and i've dismantle my brake cailper!Guess what i saw?I saw there is 2 o-ring seal in 1 piston,1 is thick and 1 is thin!There's corrosion in the area where the thin o-ring seats and causes the o-ring did not seat properly(which means blocking the piston from moving smoothly)!O-ring is also slight twisted wich cannot be reuse!This is y i said my brake cailper piston is no coming out smoothly and fully!Yeah.....i'm so happy that i've found the fault but i haven't buy my new o-ring seal yet!Will tell you guy after i've complete my brake servicing!See ya!

Nice name
rock.gif
wink.gif

Back