low top speed???

vincent

What blue lights?
Donating Member
Registered
I am pretty sure I saw a thread about this before but I can't find it now. Anyhow,

For some reason my bike won't go above 165mph right now. Once I get there it just levels off and goes no faster. The only thing I am thinking so far is maybe TPS but would appreciate other ideas. 02 with 25k miles, 1st and only owner. All maint. done as scheduled and preventative maint. done weekly.

Any suggestions?

Will redline in 1st through 4th. Just started doing it over the weekend. When I just roll on the throttle it feels as though it gets a bit higher but I didn't gps that run so don't know for sure, but when I throw the throttle open in 4th and begin to climb, I can't get over 165 for some reason

I'll have to go back out and check again. Won't be able to do so until afterwork tomorrow

I can't remember what rpm's I'm running at that speed, but it seems like I'm in 5th.PM me tomorrow if you want, let me know what you figured out. It should pull all the way to redline in 5th, not quit pulling in 6th until whatever rpm=186 mph.

I know it should, I do believe that it started levelling in 5th, but 4th is where I slammed the throttle open. Will give it a road check tomorrow and get back to it. Thanks

dont want to sound like a smart ass but are you shifting to the other gears? and are you geared down?

Problem has fixed itself, still don't know what it was but is good now. I know it wasn't the plugs since those had been changed not too long before this happened and was good for a bit. Bike is going in for valve adj. here in a week or so, will have the mech look around for anything else.

Forester> up until where it was levelling off, was running perfectly. Strong as always.

Back