Common Problems?

Sithor

Registered
I registered on this board a long time ago but never got a Hayabusa. Due to me not being able to get financed I paid cash for an '03 SV1000S. Anyways, I think today may be my lucky day. My bank is considering letting me get the loan if I trade in my SV for a new Hayabusa, I'm thinking about the Limited Edition or the red/black scheme.

My question is, are there any common problems that still exist with the Hayabusas? If there are, what are they? Easy to fix? How easy is it to do wheelies and endos on these or if you can do them at all? I had alot of fun doing stunts on my SV so I wouldn't mind if I could do a few here and there on the 'Busa. Thanks for any help.

ive had my blue and silver for a week and i say go for it you wont be disappointed!!!
race.gif

No problems with Busa. Wheelies are a possibility, but endos aren't something I'd recommend. Enjoy it if you get it.

I have a 2003 limited no problems at all and you will be very impressed with the power compared to the SV1000

wheelies an' stoppies eh ?

I hope yer common sense and maturity level is at least equal to 175...

175 horsepower that is.

as they say in show biz... "Break a leg".
hav a good 1...enjoy the new ride... hehehehe

If I like to play around on my bike, why is that such a bad thing? I bet you don't call Jesse James immature when I know he likes to mess around on his bike once in a while. To everyone else, thanks for your support.

If I like to play around on my bike, why is that such a bad thing?  I bet you don't call Jesse James immature when I know he likes to mess around on his bike once in a while.  To everyone else, thanks for your support.
stop typing in red... you weirdo....

actually, I dont really give a fug now, if you wanna mess around on yer bike. Thats yer right. Plus, we can always use spare parts.

Go big, or go home. Right?

Just like that other big TV personality... Indian Larry.

I actually offered you help/guidance in my own little way.
But I can tell.... yer a sqid.... BIG TIME.

I wish you all the luck in the world.... yer gonna need it.

Go get 'em RSD. I gotta admit, this board can get a little predictable without your "tell it like it is" commentary.

If I like to play around on my bike, why is that such a bad thing?  I bet you don't call Jesse James immature when I know he likes to mess around on his bike once in a while.  To everyone else, thanks for your support.
stop typing in red...  you weirdo....

actually, I dont really give a fug  now, if you wanna mess around on yer bike. Thats yer right. Plus, we can always use spare parts.

Just like that other big TV personality...  Indian Larry.

But I can tell....  yer a sqid....  BIG TIME.

I wish you all the luck in the world....   yer gonna need it.
...This board become real quite without you...
tounge.gif

watchout... the rubbha is back
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

I registered on this board a long time ago but never got a Hayabusa.  Due to me not being able to get financed I paid cash for an '03 SV1000S.  Anyways, I think today may be my lucky day.  My bank is considering letting me get the loan if I trade in my SV for a new Hayabusa, I'm thinking about the Limited Edition or the red/black scheme.

My question is, are there any common problems that still exist with the Hayabusas?  If there are, what are they?  Easy to fix?  How easy is it to do wheelies and endos on these or if you can do them at all?  I had alot of fun doing stunts on my SV so I wouldn't mind if I could do a few here and there on the 'Busa.  Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the board.

The 04 and 05 versions of the Busa have no problems what so ever... so youi dont have to worry about that.

Its none of my business to tell you what to do or not do with your bike!! But if your planning to buy a busa to do wheelies and stoppies... then you are asking for big time trouble. This bike is heavy, and when it wants to lean over and fall... no one, I mean no one can stop it!

...I sure hope you are insured well!! Someone will definetly claim it if you are thinking about "playing" on this machine.

Have a good day! ...and please do post some pics if you get yourself an LE
smile.gif

I registered on this board a long time ago but never got a Hayabusa.  Due to me not being able to get financed I paid cash for an '03 SV1000S.  Anyways, I think today may be my lucky day.  My bank is considering letting me get the loan if I trade in my SV for a new Hayabusa, I'm thinking about the Limited Edition or the red/black scheme.

My question is, are there any common problems that still exist with the Hayabusas?  If there are, what are they?  Easy to fix?  How easy is it to do wheelies and endos on these or if you can do them at all?  I had alot of fun doing stunts on my SV so I wouldn't mind if I could do a few here and there on the 'Busa.  Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the board.

The 04 and 05 versions of the Busa have no problems what so ever... so youi dont have to worry about that.

Its none of my business to tell you what to do or not do with your bike!! But if your planning to buy a busa to do wheelies and stoppies... then you are asking for big time trouble. This bike is heavy, and when it wants to lean over and fall... no one, I mean no one can stop it!

...I sure hope you are insured well!! Someone will definetly claim it if you are thinking about "playing" on this machine.

Have a good day! ...and please do post some pics if you get yourself an LE
smile.gif
Shenoyp,

What do you mean there are no problems with the Busa.

BE FRIGGEN HONEST MAN.....It is theeee most envied sport bike on the road. There are people who post on this little old forum at least weekly, if not daily, trying to compare the Busa to some other bike......That my friend is a BIG problem, well, at least for all the other bikes......lol

In answer to your question though, you are buying a bike that has gone basically unchanged for many years (Bold New FRIGGEN Graphics do not count). The fact that any product costing what this bike sells for can remain so popular for so long, really does say a lot about the bike.
The added benefit is that you are buying a bike that has had all the kinks worked out of it......

Based on what was written above though, it will be up to you to keep the kinks from happenin

Please don't stunt the Busa. 500lb Busa landing on your spine will hurt,,,,,,the busa.
Just messing around, but seriously I would get a different type bike for stunting.

biggest problem? getting it stolen. Do not leave it unattended! I have 7700 miles on my 03', yet to go back to the shop for any reason....

actually, I dont really give a fug  now, if you wanna mess around on yer bike. Thats yer right. Plus, we can always use spare parts.

You have issues man. First of all I didn't know about me typing in red, however since it annoys you I'm going to keep doing it. Another thing, you were just hating on me cause I take risks unlike your pansy ass. It doesn't matter anyway, I think I'm going to try to shop for a used one and save some money since these bikes have pretty much gone unchanged since the '01 model year. I don't want the subframes breaking on me like the '99 and '00 models were doing.

You have issues man.  First of all I didn't know about me typing in red, however since it annoys you I'm going to keep doing it.  Another thing, you were just hating on me cause I take risks unlike your pansy ass.  It doesn't matter anyway, I think I'm going to try to shop for a used one and save some money since these bikes have pretty much gone unchanged since the '01 model year.  I don't want the subframes breaking on me like the '99 and '00 models were doing.
thats me...the pansy ass...

and that red font...its driving me nuts...

Dude, I get the feeling you've attained an' intellectual level equivalant to that of a house plant. One day, when yer all grow'd up, an' finished high school, perhaps you might then consider the suggestions of folks who just might be a little more knowledgable than you in certain area's.

type in red, call me a pansy ass... I dont care,really.

We could enter into a battle of wits...

but its obvious yer unarmed...

half-cocked at best...

Good luck with your stunting... I'll just play it safe with my pansy ass Busa.

hav an' enlightened 1...RSD.

I've got 2 suggestions if your planning on stunting a Busa.

1. Invest in plenty of spare parts.

2. Make sure your medical insurance is paid up.

You and the bike are BOTH going to take a beating. If your into stunting....get something lighter than a Busa and cheaper to fix when you dump it.  
wink.gif

If you are going to stunt it, please take videos.   It would be interesting to see.....

<!--EDIT|HeliBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114388055 -->

I'm like RSD....if you are going to stunt, buy yourself a stunt bike ok. May I suggest a Honda 900rr, a F4I, or maybe even a SV 650. I hear they all make good stunt bikes.
That Busa is going to kick your ass bro!!!! That much hp and that lack of common sense spells disaster!
Please post up pics and/or a video, I'm sure we would all be amused by it.
GOod Luck and do remember to atleast wear a helmet.

You have issues man.  First of all I didn't know about me typing in red, however since it annoys you I'm going to keep doing it.  Another thing, you were just hating on me cause I take risks unlike your pansy ass.  It doesn't matter anyway, I think I'm going to try to shop for a used one and save some money since these bikes have pretty much gone unchanged since the '01 model year.  I don't want the subframes breaking on me like the '99 and '00 models were doing.
thats me...the pansy ass...

and that red font...its driving me nuts...

Dude, I get the feeling you've attained an' intellectual level equivalant to that of a house plant. One day, when yer all grow'd up, an' finished high school, perhaps you might then consider the suggestions of folks who just might be a little more knowledgable than you in certain area's.

type in red, call me a pansy ass...  I dont care,really.

We could enter into a battle of wits...

but its obvious yer unarmed...

half-cocked at best...

Good luck with your stunting... I'll just play it safe with my pansy ass Busa.

hav an' enlightened 1...RSD.
we missed you, rsd.
wink.gif

sithor - take it easy. if you want to stunt on the busa, go ahead, but most 'round here wouldn't pick it first for a stunt bike. the rubbah is just telling you that is his own intimitable way....

now <span style='color:red'>flame on</span>
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Back