Got a brake question

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
If you dont want to hear the story skipp to the last 5 lines

Ok so today as i got ready to go riding i backed the busa out and crack...damn caliper lock hit the front fairng and took a chunk out so im like fugg it and go riding. get home and i put the lock on the back this time. Well i was gone allday so i decided to take the ball and chain out. Well i crank it up with her off and ease of the clutch....whoo ahhh damn caught the one time bike started goin down and since i removed my sliders i had to catch the bike...it was an epic battle as i used all my strength to keep it up and re hurt my damn wrist but anyway. Now my rear brake feels like it does when you bleed them. It has no pressure. when i was at the light i would pump them and they would build up preassure but after about 30 secs it would go back out. Havent had a chance to look at it but do you guys have an idea of what might be wrong. Sry this took so long

Not leaking any fluid but i didn plan on bleading it tomorrow...cause its dark out and these freakin huge spiders have taken over my parking spot
blush.gif

I would say if it builds up pressure but 30 sec later its back to normal....

You have a leak somewhere be it the lines or the brake piston

dammit i know its gonna be in my caliper too
mad.gif
. Thanks

What is a caliper lock? Anyway I would say that the Master cylinder is bad or going bad, thats why it will build up pressure when you pump it and then slowly start to loose pressure. Good luck fixing it and let us know what you find.
smile.gif

What is a caliper lock? Anyway I would say that the Master cylinder is bad or going bad, thats why it will build up pressure when you pump it and then slowly start to loose pressure. Good luck fixing it and let us know what you find.
smile.gif
I hope its air in the line and not a bad master cyclinder.

A caliper lock is a piece of metal that goes on your rotor to keep the wheel from turning. If you forget they are on there it can lead to some embrassing moments

Back