buying a 2000 year from a pravate sale

Tigerbay

Registered
Hi ,, looking for some advice please guys,, i am in teh throws of buying a 2000 year busa,, am i getting myself into a load of problems n work with this year/model ,, i keep reading loads of worrying stuff,,, i have asked him if the C.C.tensioner has been upgraded ,,,what else to worry about,,, the bikes done 5K ,,,, i have a Valkyrie supercharged , n this gives me no grief whatsoever...

Cam tensioner and possibly the aluminum subframe are the only things to be concerned about the Cam tensioner more then the subframe otherwise there should be no probs unless you think they abused the heck outta it and the subframe you can usually get a steel one or trade for one from a member it was known to crack and break on some bikes but not all be just an idea to keep an eye one it mostly said was from doing alotta 2 up riding with luggage i belive was the culpurate but otherwise should be good to go in the busa work and well you would have one of the last unrestricted bikes
biggrin.gif

Cam Chain is the only issue to be concerned about..I am very happy with my used 2000 Busa. No regrets.

Cam tensioner and possibly the aluminum subframe [/QUOTE]

...Those are the only two commonly listed problems with the 2000 busas....

Hey ill trade my steel subframe for an alumium one. Dont these models have a problem with teh fuel pump too
rock.gif

My 2000 was great no mech probs. Except it liked to wheelie and one day it bit me!
sad.gif

Back