Blown engine - cam chain tensioner ?

slammiam

Registered
I have an '00 busa, recently the engine blew. If it was the cam chain tensioner (there was a recall right?) that caused it, will suzuki repair the engine?

The recall was on the 2000, and should have been performed already. As i understand it from the dealer that did mine, Suzuki will pay for the recall, but not for any damage that results from it not being done. I could be wrong on this, but I do suggest anyone who has a 2000 to call thier local dealer and see if it was done. I bought my bike with 5k miles the recall hadn't been done, I got it at no charge.

The recall was also for the 2000. I had my bike (2000 busa) in for service in february (had extended warranty) suzuki called my house and ask me to bring it back to the dealer so they could do the cam chain tensioner recall. It was done just never recorded from the dealer.

if the recall was done and the bike is out of warranty I think you're on your own. Sorry to say it. Give them a call and see what they say.

I have a 2000 Busa that I bought used,and was at Suzuki on yesterday when I asked about my recall. The took my VIN and told me that the CAM recall hadn't been done yet. The repair is scheduled for Saturday.
Give your dealer a call and ask about the recall on the 2000 model.

Back