Jerk, Jerk, Jerk, All day long.

FAsT Boy

Registered
So, hokay, I put a K&N filter on my bike and the PCIII with the map for a stock bike. Hell yeah, got more power for sure, but now I cant ride slow in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear. The bike jerks uncotrollably until I either accelerate or shift to another gear. This usually happens below 4500 rpm. Is this just a fine tune problem that is corrected at the dyno? If so I'll not worry about it cause I got my HMF 4-1 coming in Monday and I'll be going to the dyno anyhow. Any one else ever experience this?

Never had that. Also never had to compare to anything like that, since I just installed the full hindle this winter.
rock.gif

Send JohnnyCheese a PM and see if he can help you. Did you remove the PAIR valve?

Having the idle too low will give these type of symtoms... WHat is you baby idle at? Keep it around 1200-1300 and see how she rides...

When the idle is too low, it really jerks bad inbetween shifts as well... 1st to 2nd is pretty jerky at low RPMs...
rock.gif

Actually, I got some Brock Blocks on da way. I had to pull all this crap off anyhow cause my HMF 4-1 is coming in Monday and I wanna get it on asap. I pulled the whole front end and speedo cause I got a 220 Gauge cluster off a 2000 modle on da way too. This is the most involved mo-cycle project i've ever taken on... for now. Had to finish the night/morning with a cold one.
All the kings horses and all the kings men, better remember how to put Hayabusa together again.

DSC005372.jpg

I have the exact same issue.  I added 5% more fuel at 0 and 10% throttle at 1000-3000 RPM.  Did nothing at all. Running at 1250 idle.  I've had the Dyno guys ride the bike and they say its normal..called support at powercommander.com, they say its normal too.  Drove other busa's modded like mine, same sh-t.  I'll live with it.  

Oh yeah...did I meantion that when I installed the RS3's, I lost all my bottom end torque?
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|stevew
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113182423 -->

I have the exact same issue.  I added 5% more fuel at 0 and 10% throttle at 1000-3000 RPM.  Did nothing at all. Running at 1250 idle.  I've had the Dyno guys ride the bike and they say its normal..called support at powercommander.com, they say its normal too.  Drove other busa's modded like mine, same sh-t.  I'll live with it.  

Oh yeah...did I meantion that when I installed the RS3's, I lost all my bottom end torque?
sad.gif
bad tuner
it should be sliky smooth

sad.gif
bad tuner
it should be sliky smooth
Too bad Texas is so far from where I live...sure would love to get it fixed...

OK I FIGURED IT OUT! It was my PC3usb. It had a program for full muzzy ehaust... I thought I cahnged te program prior to installing it. when I set the program to full stock, smooth as silk again.:;):

Actually, I got some Brock Blocks on da way.  I had to pull all this crap off anyhow cause my HMF 4-1 is coming in Monday and I wanna get it on asap. I pulled the whole front end and speedo cause I got a 220 Gauge cluster off a 2000 modle on da way too.  This is the most involved mo-cycle project i've ever taken on... for now.  Had to finish the night/morning with a cold one.
All the kings horses and all the kings men, better remember how to put Hayabusa together again.
good picture... hahahaha

sad.gif
You mean a full system or just the cans? I was contemplating some yosh cans but I treasure my torque....its the main reason I got the Busa...if I gotta give any up for a pipe (or cans)...then that aint the set-up for me....
wink.gif

Like Cheese said Tuning is everything, with the right set up and some who knows what they are doin it should be smooth. Also when I installed a TRE on my 2000 model it cleaned the jerking up alot.

That is for sure, tuning is it, did I mention money too! Dnyo and tunning to do it right your looking at 3 hours of dnyo time.

Back