HID Kit installed finally... small problem tho:P

shadowjack

Registered
I should have taken my time... but anyways I was in a hurry and well.... I have an extra plug flopping free I have no clue what it's for  
biggrin.gif

Highbeam lowbeam and both turnsignals work... could'nt find any open plugs back there where I unplugged the 2 wire plug with the brown and black wire into... WTF is it.. and where does it plug back into??
smile.gif

If it matters it's a 2001 Busa:p

Thanks if you can help, and thanks if you can't
smile.gif
just would like to know I'm not gonna break anything or even better where it goes back into:)

<!--EDIT|shadowjack
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112845436 -->

smile.gif

If your in the "nose" section and your asking about the two wire plug that seems to have come unplugged and goes to nothing???

That is the european day time running light wire and you have never used it. The brown wire traces all the way back to the tail light/power wire as well. Let it be and finish your project.

smile.gif

ICE

PS. If you ever switch your stock front turn signal bulb sockets which are 1156 single contact on the bottom of the bulb to 1157 dual contacts on th bottom of the bulb you can connect the "2nd" contact to that brown wire and have day time running lights up front and still have working turn signals. 3 lights on up front!

ICE

no sweat. I sent you some info on what to use that for if you ever get board. If you went to an undertail you have two perfectly good 1157 sockets from the stock tail light (granted you went to the undertail aftermarket lights).

Take the 1157 sockets and put them inplace of the stock front turn signal 1156 sockets. Put 1157 bulbs in. On the bottom of the 1157 bulb there are two contacts instead of just one. Solder a wire from that and connect it to the brown wire. DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS or 3 LIGHTS up FRONT!
ICE

This extra plug for running lights is what I used to power my SRP back lights on my gauges.:)

Glad you got 'em on and working! Post up some pics. Icemann is our resident expert for lots of electric/wiring mods!

i got a riding buddy who threw the "hid_express" kit on there and it looks perfect... what kind did u choose and how do u like it?

It's the 5000K bulb McCollough kitfro one of the group purchases another member had for sale. install was a snap one I was assuaged that the extra plug was indeed extra:)

In fact I got motivated after doing that and installed my Sportvue and alarm this weekend.

Back