a big problem with my busa

Veloz

Registered
i was changing the oil on my busa and when i toke the screw out i knew the tread is gone,i dnot know what to do,i did on my gixer,i toke the pan a replace it with one i had here.I put the screw back a add a quarter of oil,no leaking yet, this on my busa tonight, please someone helpe=me asp.Thanks , Veloz.I know in order to take the pan ,i have to take my full yosh pipes,i am screwed.

Go to your dealer and explian what happened and ask for a heli-coil kit. follow the instructions provided and your worries are over. There may be an easier way but I can't think of one
biggrin.gif

grim.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112678142 -->

Auto parts stores sell an expanding rubber plug that can be used in cased like this. As you tighten it, the ends draw together, making the rubber center swell up and seal the opening. I lost the threads on an oil tank on a commercial mower several years ago and used one of those plugs. It's still in there and hasn't loosened or leaked.

Ed

I decide to get a new pan,went to susuki here in NY,$150 complete w gaskets, i know i have to get the header out,saturday and sunday job.God help-me.

Back