CLUTCH PROBLEM

mklmtrskl

Registered
So I just bought my second busa. This one is an 02 LE. I'm having a problem with the clutch. If when I first warm it up and take off like an animal with the rear tire burning, the clutch won't disengage. Twice now I've had to turn around and go back to the shop where I keep thee bike and bleed the clutch. However if I take off nice and easy the first time I can pound on it all day and never have a problem, it seems somehow air is entering the system. Strangely enough the fluid is stilll full. Seems odd that how I take off the firsttime has so much to do with it. Has anyone else had a problem with air entering the clutch system? I've had many bikes and have never had to bleed a clutch unless I change the fluid. This busa has 11,000 miles on it, my last one I had around 15,000 with no problems ever. I don't get it. It does have an aftermarket reservoir cover on it with the hayabusa kanji on it, but I don't see any fluid leaks on it. I will look into the problem this week but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IM000304.JPG

Welcome to the board. Can't help you with the clutch problem, but you've definitely come to the right place, someone on here will help you. By the way, nice looking pic. I wish I could've come across one of those when I was buying my 04. Very nice bike!
smile.gif

My first thought was to change the fluid, I will be doing that this week, along with tires and oil change. I was a member on this site a couple years ago when I had my last busa which also was an 02 that i purchased new. 1 month after I purchased mine this LE came out and I've wanted one ever since, so I bought this one with 11,000 miles and not a scratch, with yoshi carbon fiber slip ons, double bubble screen, hugger and undertail. I've already had to put plugs in it because of course it started a dozen times but when I finally got it registered and was ready to take it out for a ride it wouldn't. Such is my luck. It also needs to be remapped, doesn't run quite right and pops just a touch on decelleration.But it sure is nice to look at. Already got a ticket for reckless driving with it, which is a misdemeanor in N.Y yipeeeeee!!

Check your exhaust system for any loose bolts or clamps....a exhaust leak can cause popping/back fire on deaccelleration.

1st Completly change out the old fluid - most common
2nd Check the slave cylinder for any damage - rod is in good shape and slides in and out smothly

Pat

Read about a guy who had a similar problem, it seems he was always concerned with the chain wearing and was lubing it too much. All the excess lube was flinging off and combining with road dirt and binding the clutch rod. It might be a long shot but it takes all of 5 seconds to look.

Back