2005 Busa

rockford.rider

Registered
I bought a new busa and and have had it back to the dealer twice!
A bolt in the clutch worked itself out and locked up my motor. Then I noticed I have parts missing after I got it back, so I took it back & they gave me scratched plastic?? My rear tire was NOT tightened... one side was at two & the other at four? My question is: will any Suzuki dealer make these corrections or must I fire bomb my local dealership! If your interested: Nothern Illinois Suzuki. I wish now I would have listened to my ol' lady & bought a Harley. Hayabusa? What a piece of ####!!!

Easy now, Tiger! Poor service from the stealership does not make the bike bad! I would say that I wouldn't use that dealer again for service on my bike. Understand your frustration, but direct it at the proper source. Not sure what else to say, but the bike has done you no wrong. All problems with the person performing your service. Oh yeah, welcome to the board!

rock.gif

Dealerships suck. Best thing to do is avoid them.

Mine came with missing fairing screws and one cross threaded fairing screw. And the headlight pointing straight down.

I bit the bullet and fixed things myself and at least I never got my fairing scratched.

My chain was also not adjusted properly but not as bad as yours.

Its dissapointing I know but I still love the bike and the gix I bought last year came without a flaw.

My dealer was also prepared to charge me for the missing screws but did not argue the point. I should of gave them a bill for the cross threaded screw.

Motorcycle warranties and dealerships do not operate the same as automotive. Anytime I've had to bring a bike back for something its been a real hassle.

One time the dealer refused to fix the rear brake on a brand new Suzuki and I told them it had to be done whether it was warranty or not. It was a real safety issue. The service manager did'nt last long after that performance. And I had to fix the brake myself.

Hang in there.

Hey Welcome to the Board. I live in DeKalb myself. I'm always in Rockford to hang out with friends. I bought my Busa last March from Northern Illinois Suzuki and have never had a problem with them. I've had my Busa in there once to fix a melted gauge cluster and never had any problem with them. I'm not sure if you got someone who just didn't care about what they were doing, or if that place has gone to shid since the last time I was there. There's a couple of people on here in IL, but you're definitely the closest one to DeKalb that I have found, we need to get together to ride.

i really dont need to be hearing horror stories as i am still waiting on my '05 limited.i do agree that the stealership is the worst place to take a bike for anything though.

RR - I've got an '03, 7495 miles and the only time it was ever back to the dealership was for the first service. And, I ride it like it's stolen....I'm pissed I bought the extended warranty....However, the dealer thing bothers me...I would go straight to the top (at your dealership) and (calmly) explain your delima. As with any machine, things can and do go wrong.... but I think you will find the general conscienses is our beloved busa is somewhat bulletproof. After my first service, I bought the service department pizza, had it delivered. Now, they fall over themselves to answer my questions. Welcome and good luck!

Definitely not the bike. Sounds like the dealer is a piece of crap. Find someone else to take it to and explain your problems. Mine has only been to the dealer once for a tire change and they scratched the hell outta my rim. I feel your pain. I will not go back there again.

Sounds like a HArdey is EXACTLY WHAT your Equiped for... Your Bitter, Your Old, You
laugh.gif
have an Ole' Lady...hell your perfect, a Harley will looks great outside yer Mobile Home...
laugh.gif

Don't let the door hit ya, you've never even TOUCHED a BUSA of your own. So Head back to the trailer park and pat yourself on the back for figurin out how to use the Computers at the library...

laugh.gif

I have a 2005 Busa and only problem I've had is the paint chipping on the fairings behind the front wheel. The dealer I have been to has been very helpful(even replaced the one that had bad chipping!) Sorry to hear your problem. Anyone else have any problems with the paint behind the front wheel?

Sounds like a HArdey is EXACTLY WHAT your Equiped for...  Your Bitter, Your Old, You  
laugh.gif
have an Ole' Lady...hell your perfect, a Harley will looks great outside yer Mobile Home...  
laugh.gif

Don't let the door hit ya, you've never even TOUCHED a BUSA of your own.  So Head back to the trailer park and pat yourself on the back for figurin out how to use the Computers at the library...
My busa history basically started the same, except it was the stator bolt that came out which in turn caused the case to break and no speedo, my dealership wanted to do nothing. I basically had to threaten to call Suzuki in japan and a couple of the Big Important Sheikhs here. Problem solved, they are very good to me now, not always fair price wise, but the service is good.Keep your cool, but dont take no for answer, they are obligated to fix these problems. I know you're frustrated, but coming on this board and saying what you did is not going to help your cause as you can see from the above quote. If you're trolling, just go away, if you're for real, stick around, and some one will help you, atleast take the time to read the replys and calm down.Bottom line, collect yourself, go back to the dealer, dont use any foul language or raise your voice and give them options not threats, put the ball squarely back in their court, this will aid you in the litigation process if it comes to that. NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112270910 -->

laugh.gif

There are two Suzuki dealerships in this area and both have good service. The one caters mostly to the cruiser and dirt bike set while the other really is into sportbikes. If your experience at one dealership wasn't good, I'd go elsewhere. If enough other folks do that, the dealership will either go out of business or change - either one is a win for you.

Ed (car dealership service manger)

I was a service tech at a local Porsche/Audi/Ferrari dealer in the mid 80's and admittidly the warranty service was appalling. I am not making any excuses for any manufacturers warranty policy but when the tech will get 50% LESS for working on anything under warranty than the same repair on a customer pay R/O something has got to give and usually that is the attitude of the technition... put professionalism aside, the rent still had to be paid and I still had to eat. It might be the same story here.

When Porsche split from Audi and both manufacturers went to the same pay scale as customer pay R/O's things improved dramatically... we were encouraged to FIND things wrong and fix them BEFORE it became a problem. As far as Ferraris went the Mondial was a rolling p.o.s the other models were adequet. The saying was "Leave us lots of money and we will call you when it is done." Parts were hard to come by and very expensive. But you KNEW that when you bought it.

Definetly a TROLL ... there is nobody dumb enough to do the #### he is talking about if you aske me...
rock.gif

Welcome to the board.
I had problems with my dealer so I found a different one.

I took some advice! I calmed down a bit & went and purchased the 05 Busa service manual. I am giving the bike to my brother who will tear it down and make sure it is put together right. I don't fear the power or the speed, I'm more worried about nuts & bolts falling off & me or worse yet, one of my kids getting hurt. Thanks for the suggestions... those who gave them!!! The kid from Dekalb, hit me up at rockford_rider@insightbb.com
We can ride!!! in about 2 or 4 weeks!

Back