No more beep-beep

OB_grandvitesse

Registered
My knowledge of electrical is next to nothing.

I've removed and cleaned the connector at the horn, jiggled the wiring, checked that the fuse is OK, but to no avail.

What next?

Any help would be appreciated.

Start using that Finger... The middle one, extended in a solo fashion and waggled in the general direction you need works like a champ...

make sure the connection is good. Trace the wire back to ensure it is connected all the way. Check voltages on the horn to ensure your even getting it. All else fails, take it off to save the minimal weight

OR Install the aftermarket Dual Air Horn System... Get ya about 120DB's that'll get their attention...

My knowledge of electrical is next to nothing.

I've removed and cleaned the connector at the horn, jiggled the wiring, checked that the fuse is OK, but to no avail.

What next?

Any help would be appreciated.
S-Bus... start at the horn,check for juice,one of the wires will have power,the other will be a ground.If u hav no juice there,then it gets shiddy. Panels hav to com off etc.

You'll need a test light or multi meter...to move on...

Do you have one ...if not we can make you one or you can go buy one.

the orange wire needs to be hot, when the horn button is pushed...the black wire is the ground, we can/should also test the horn it self...

ok so far ?

I don't think I have ever used that darn thing. The finger works much better.
smile.gif

if you have a 3 foot piece of wire...

one end on the battery + side...

the other end on the horn orange side....

strip away a liitle of the plastic coating on the wire that is plugged onto the horn, or try an' jam the bare-ended wire into the connector...

does the horn sound ?

I get the same horn issue on mine about six month ago make all check posible"I'm an electronic tech for Gov" and endup changin the horn. Have fun  
beerchug.gif

Back