14 busa 50th issues

Earizistable

Registered
Hello, I have a 14 busa 50th anniversary with 3k miles on it and for the record I am new to busa's this is my first one. My mods are k/n, bazzaz unit w/autotune, akroprovic full exhaust 4-2-1. The issues I am having are:

1. The throttle is either on or off.
2. The Fi light is constantly on.
3. Excessive carbon out of the tailpipe when I start the bike.
4. black smoke when I really get into the throttle at all gear positions
5. poor gas mileage. roughly 80-90 to a full tank with 93 octane.

I don't notice any lack of power or anything else. I am baffled as to what could be causing this. The shop that installed everything said the bike is running fine and the mapping is good and that the bazzaz box pops the fuel light and nothing is wrong. This just doesn't seem accurate to me and I am really needing some other opinions. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Something is wrong . FI light should not be on less than 100 miles to a tank WTF ! Time for a second shop to look at your map/tune . Bet they find some tunning issues .

Something is wrong . FI light should not be on less than 100 miles to a tank WTF ! Time for a second shop to look at your map/tune . Bet they find some tunning issues .

I was thinking about taking it to a authorized Suzuki dealer that's not to far away rather than a different bike shop. This problem is getting very tiresome . Thank you for your response .

Dealer more than likely wont be of much help unless they have a dyno/mapping/tuning ability . What part of the country are you in ?

Dealer more than likely wont be of much help unless they have a dyno/mapping/tuning ability . What part of the country are you in ?

I live in south Texas close to Corpus Christi . There isn't much choice for shops around here. Have you or anyone had a problem like this with a similar setup.

There are several good shops in houston . #1 on my list Terry Kizzer AKA Mr. Turbo . Load it in a truck and bring it into him . FYI hes very meticulous dydno tunes on Monday only drop off @ 9 a.m. with full tank of fuel . Problem sounds like a bad tune or fueling unit . ( bazzazz )

ya that isnt even close to right. should get way more mileage to the tank...and the fi light should not be on.

Did you add the extras from day one?

Did it run good when you bought it?
When did it start giving you trouble or when did the FI light start coming on?

Sounds like it's running really rich. Black smoke is not normal - but I'm sure you knew that.
How long has that been happening?

Have you tried taking the bazzaz unit w/autotune off?

Who tuned the bike? Anyone?

Definitely the bazazz unit for sure...the exhaust or filter wouldn't do that...like he said above sounds like fuel is running rich and not sure how bazazz units work compared to pcv but i'm sure you need it tuned with new map...

Also your FI light may be coming from you not plugging the o2 sensor eliminating it...do you have the block off for the o2 sensor not sure if akraprovic sends that to you with the exhaust or not

Well finally got the issue fixed . The bazzaz fi wasn't accepting any changes and was throwing the tuning off. Sent that one back and ordered a PCV with auto tune. She runs perfect now. So perfect I made a trip to utopia on her for the weekend lol. Thank you all for your responses .

Back