Brand new and problems?

stage2

Registered
Hi People, longtime reader, first time member/poster

Ive just bought a brand new 1300r, it came from the shop with a set of yoshi r77 slipons. I have owned many gsxr's over the years, 600's,750's,1000s with R77's etc but first time with a hayabusa (now married and need to have something the wife can enjoy too). Took the demo for a ride, no issues, wife found it comfortable so bought one.

On my ride home from the shop I instantly noticed a horrible hard to explain, kind of like "low pitched buzzing/electrical arcing/static noise". It sounds like the buzz of a power transformer on the roadside when you walk past it. Its easily heard over the drone of the r77's and gets right into the inner ear. I thought, ok must be the exhausts, so I put the baffles in, these made the pipes quieter so I could hear the other noise more....

The odd thing is, this noise does not vary with rpm or speed. Ive had the windscreen out, standard pips back on but it makes no difference. I took the bike back to the shop and explained the issue. A mechanic took it for a ride around the block and said it was fine and he could not hear the sound. I took their demo again and I could not hear the sound, jump back on mine and immediately notice it. They said i must have a hearing issue and would not investigate further.

I tried earplugs but this frequency of noise is either above or below what the plugs can reduce. I cannot ride this for long periods as it kills my head, Im posting here as a last effort before i sell it and go 14r or something sim.

Anyone any ideas experience?
Thanks

wow thats a new one on me....if it just drones on and doesnt vary with speed or rpm i would say that is odd.

I'm sorry I may be wrong but I've been around a forum or 2 and this has TROLL written all over it.....:whistle:

I agree. Since when do "Ive just bought a brand new 1300r, it came from the shop with a set of yoshi r77 slipons." slip-ons come on a BRAND NEW bike?

Never seen a dealer remove the stock pipes UNLESS told to by the buyer after it has been paid for. How many dealers have slip-on in stock either?
There are so many brands that they would probably have to order any when needed to keep from having a lot of $$$$ tied up in stock that may take a long time to sell.

1st post out the gate and you bring up this inexplicable issue and the subtle jab of trading it in on a Cow 14r....

:bs:

HI STAGE 2

does this "low pitched buzzing/electrical arcing/static noise" start as soon as bike is started,? or only while in gear?

I agree. Since when do "Ive just bought a brand new 1300r, it came from the shop with a set of yoshi r77 slipons." slip-ons come on a BRAND NEW bike?

Never seen a dealer remove the stock pipes UNLESS told to by the buyer after it has been paid for. How many dealers have slip-on in stock either?
There are so many brands that they would probably have to order any when needed to keep from having a lot of $$$$ tied up in stock that may take a long time to sell.

Not sure about the US but I have bought brand new bikes in the UK and Australia that came
with aftermarket pipes and other upgrades. It's quite common for a dealer to "bling" up models
when it suits them. My zero mile Busa was sat on the showroom floor with Yoshi Tri ovals,
polished rims, double bubble screen and a heap of extras. Sometimes to shift old stock, sometimes
to use as an upgraded model, some times as an add for their accesseries.

Place called extreme cycles that used to be around here used to deck them out brand new and just mark up the price. Buddy bought one in 04 , the red limited model that already had a tiforce , ext arm and set set of ,,, now get this "spinner" rims. Yes I said spinner rims. So the fact his had slip ons is not that far fetched.

make an audio recording and post the video here. Action cams can pick up a lot more mechanical sound much clearer than in person.

been on a few busas, gen 1 and 2. never heard a whining buzz sound like what is described. weird. +1 for sound of awesomeness

Not sure about the US but I have bought brand new bikes in the UK and Australia that came
with aftermarket pipes and other upgrades. It's quite common for a dealer to "bling" up models
when it suits them. My zero mile Busa was sat on the showroom floor with Yoshi Tri ovals,
polished rims, double bubble screen and a heap of extras. Sometimes to shift old stock, sometimes

OK - so it is possible.

I've never seen it done here. ???

Poster didn't state what year - a 13, 14, or 15. If it was a new 13 or even a new 14 I might believe that a dealer might dress it up.
Now that I have been on the forum for almost 7 years and owned my bike for over 10 years I would much rather decide what I wanted on a new bike vs letting
a dealer choose what to do to a bike I was going to ride. But that's just me. I assume that someone that has money to spend might very well jump on a bike
already dressed up and therefore not stock even though it's new. That raises the selling price though and not everyone can afford that so it lows the number of potential buyers.

I guess that is why I didn't jump on the Gen II - didn't really think they changed it enough and the stock pipes were a turn-off of me but I could live with my Gen I stock pipes.
Now if a Gen III comes out well lets just say I will look it over very well to see if it is worth my money. :laugh: Heck if they added cruise control that alone might be enough to switch. :please:
However I seriously doubt that would be the only change let alone even be included. Time will tell. :whistle:

car dealers do this all the time. they'll slap on a spoiler, body kit, etc, and mark up the vehicle with the cost of item + install cost.

In fact, many car companies have accessories that are only dealer installed.

Hi BuzaBoy, thanks for not accusing me of being a troll (whatever that is) and a lier. This noise is constant, it gets fractionally louder over 1200rpm, but since the bike is being run-in ive not had it over 5500 yet, so cant comment what happens aftter that rev.

Yes, this bike was bought new in New Zealand, for all the skeptics it came with aftermarket pipes, doublebubble and a tail tidy. You can visit Suzuki New Zealand - Street its called the "suzukifeast" promotion and all gsxr's come with aftermarket pipe for the same price as without.

Would that be constant regardless of engine speed, I was thinking fuel pump :dunno:

Thats a great suggestion, the bike is a 2013 limited edition yellow and black which was not popular in my country, so has sat for 2 years, perhaps that could be something to do with it. Thanks very much

make an audio recording and post the video here. Action cams can pick up a lot more mechanical sound much clearer than in person.

Will do, if i can figure out how to post it. Thanks to almost everyone with constructive comments so far.

Back