Ridiculously Expensive Plastic

OB_grandvitesse

Registered
My 2000 Red/Gray is in need of a new left lower cowl/panel. Best discounted price I can find is with ronayers.com and that's over $400 not including shipping.

Can anybody recommend any other less expensive sources?

welcome to the world of overpriced just cause it's for a hayabusa..

one would think with the popularity of the bike that the prices would be lower sense demand is very high.. but alas.. nope. we are overcharged.

PM Kath512 over at sh.org or give her a call at 1*866*848*0355. Check out the website at <a href="http://www.187rideeasy.com">Extreme MotorSports<a>

yoyodyneti.com has carbon fiber lowers for $300. they also have fiberglass parts so they may be able to take care of you. If carbon is only $300 fiberglass has to be cheaper. good luck.

that is cheaper than they were back in 99 dealer cost was 486.00 retail was 590.00 and to think the dollar was stronger against the yen back then. remember they are painted and have the grphics on and MATCH. how much would you pay a painter to just do that?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

Many thanks, guys. I'll check those out.

I admit that there's a lot of work going into the paint job. On mine, I know that there's a base coat before they apply the candy apple red and then there's the clear coat, but still..........:blush:

Man if they dont redo the busa im goin full carbon fiber

that is cheaper than they were back in 99 dealer cost was 486.00 retail was 590.00 and to think the dollar was stronger against the yen back then. remember they are painted and have the grphics on and MATCH. how much would you pay a painter to just do that?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??
exactly what I was thinking

rock.gif

Everyone should try: Cycle-Parts.Com this guy has very low prices on OEM parts. You must have the part number in order to use his service.

I got a 2004 Black/purple right side lower panel assembly with decals for $305.95. part number 4TV-Y283V-M0-P3 (I had to kidnapp and tourture a local dealership parts manager to get the part number)
poke.gif

THANK YOU, THANK YOU. THANK YOU. I will check them out. That cycle-parts.com price beats every one I've tried so far by $100.

BTW, ronayers.com provides an on-line microfiche for each of the four Japanese mfgs. You can get all your part numbers courtesy of Mr. Ayers. Too bad he's not a little more competitive.

Man if they dont redo the busa im goin full carbon fiber
Especially with the different color schemes. I wish they would come up with some real exciting colors for the Busa. I actually haven't been impressed since the '02 SE. Now the gunmetal gray for '05 is simply gorgeous.

PM Kath512 over at sh.org or give her a call at 1*866*848*0355.  Check out the website at <a href="http://www.187rideeasy.com">Extreme MotorSports<a>
Best price I've been able to negotiate. These folks will work with you.

I still can't bring myself to spend $400+ to replace a marred, but undamaged piece of ABS plastic.

Still trying to decide. Complete makeover, repaint plastic or bite the bullet and replace???

There are about three companies in the UK producing high quality carbon fiber pieces for alot less than oem plstic, cost about $1600 for all the parts, PM me if you want the site names.

Back