Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Buying an 03 on Saturday.
smile.gif

Inquiry : I know a couple of plauges from 99-01 were fixed on newer models, cam chain & sub frame...

Hows about starter kick back or anything else I should be aware of?

Thanx - K

Kent, my 03 has shown no bad habits. Had a little problem with the charging system when new but turned out to be a defective battery. All is ok and has been since then. Where are picking up the 03. The silver and grey you talked about in Oregon? Bob

My '03 hasn't had any problems other than a defective battery that the dealership replaced for free.
cool.gif

Thanx Guyz. Yes Bob ,the Oregon one, pullin out early saturday. Very excited!

oh and whats up with bad batteries?
rock.gif
2 in a row, huh.

I have not heard about any recall or problems in the 03 04 and 05 models...
smile.gif

At 7200 miles, I have yet to have even one problem that required a trip back to the dealership. The only time they have touched it was for the first service. Try that with a Harley....
smile.gif

03 copper, over 7000.. no problems at all (except for the frozen fairing bolts once) but no mechanical problems

The starter problems were specific with the 2002 model. Trust me! I know all too well...
mad.gif
Anyway, Suzuki supposedly upgraded the starter gear on the '03 model so you should have no worries. It just pisses me off that Suzuki wouldn't do a recall on the starter gear on the '02 models. A new idler gear cost about $230.

2003 Silver grey, 30,000 kms

Love it, get one.

Problems...

Front fork seals leaking, replaced under warranty.
Front fork seals leaking, replaced under warranty. (yes again)
Front frok seals leaking, replaced by a competant mechanic at my own expense. lucky Im made of money.

The leak was minor but annoying

No more problems

Until a loose solder connection near the ECU made me lose spark to cyclinder 1. Aside from the time spent trying to find the problem it was easily fixed.

Despite these very minor problems I couldnt be happier with the bike and its reliablilty. As for the retards that work at the local suzuki shop.....

moX

Back