it wont happen to me

bigdr

Chief Guinness Taster
Donating Member
Registered
only 2nd post from a newbie , over xmas here in dublin ireland it was very cold with bike laid up , went to start her up but cranked over very slowly , sh*t flat battery . big deal no prob time for a push start . DONT EVER push start a pre mod busa , anyway after a couple of attempts and the odd BACKFIRE she breaths life . go for a run , shut down and try to restart . let me tell you guys , there was a noise like a banshee . they DO exist . oh fluck . bike buddies perused over prob with many different diagnoses ranging from , its flucked its knackered its dead and other similar reassuring statements ....... by now old hands are grinning .... starter clutch . dealer friend confirmed prob , suzuki not interested as bike well out of warranty. 2002 bike 6k miles. BUT would do 'something' on price of a new one for brand loyalty sake . repair was costing 1500 euro parts and labour or modified repair 1500 sterling for parts only. oh ####.my dealer [a buddy of mine took her as trade in on shiny new 2005 blue silver BEAST .

Man that sucks, at least ya got a new one out of it. By the way welcome to the board. You got any pics of your new toy. we digs pics around here.
smile.gif

Back