Slow Fall over

Rocketman

Registered
My new limited was tipped over on a slow turn around.  (The guy doing the turn was treating the weight like a dirtbike.  yeah yeah - my bad.)

How tough are these bikes?  Do I need to take it in and have the handle bars checked?  I don't have frame sliders so it scratched up my stator cover (left side) and a few nic's on the ferring.  My bad for letting someone else idle my bike up the street and back.

I do have to touch up the paint on the ferring and replace the stator cover with something better looking.  (It is the stator cover, right?)  Any suspect bending or tweaking that could occur? Recommendations?  Best way to touch up those nics?

thanks.

mad.gif

If the steering feels straight on the freeway(at speed), I'd say its fine. I don't think you'd need to have it checked unless it feels different to you.

Had a slow-speed tip over. It even seemed to happen in slow-motion. If the fairing didn't crack, then it's probably just cosmetic. Touch-up paint should do it.

This one is easy, friend that rode it pays for all the stuff to make it new again.
wink.gif

Man u should nvr eva eva eva eva eva let someone else ride your bike cause when this happens you want blood and they man not want to pay. Bike should be fine just drill some holes and put some frame sliders on and u should be good.

You should be fine. Have you ridden it since the tip over? Do you feel any wobble? Just as noted above, just probably cosmetic. Keep us posted.

Both of mine have gone over in parking lots . unless it slid there should be no problems. Use touch up paint for the nicks or tell your friend to pay for it to get fixed.

Thanks for the advice everyone.  

I don't think I'll ever let anyone ride it again.  Not a problem with the friend who dropped it. They're glad to do whatever it takes.

Frame sliders... I need to figure out how to get that done.  I've seen some really 'bad' frame slider jobs.  Anyway have any instructions for doing a really nice job on that?  details-details.  
wink.gif

do a search in modifications. Be sure to take your time

I have lots of people that ask to test ride my bike and I say yes to each and every one of them. First they must give me a cash deposit for 100% of the value of the bike and then when they return it perfect condition I will return their deposit. That usually shuts them up pretty quick about test rides.  
tounge.gif

Back