Rear Axle Spacer Plate

bronc3

Registered
Bought my '03 new, and have just installed rear tire number nine. I have noticed that where the axle passes through the swingarm there is a steel plate on the chain side between the bearing spacer and the hole in the swingarm, but not on the right side. This plate seems to center the axle. I looked at a friend's '00 and his has a steel plate on each side. Just curious whether anyone else with an '03 has plates on both sides. The fische shows two required for all models, except for the K3, which only requires one (left side). I don't see where the swingarm is any different between the years, and without this plate my axle seems a little sloppy where it passes through the swingarm on the right side.

I just took apart an 03 for powder coating and if your talking about the piece I'm thinking of, I recall seeing one on each side, maybe you can find another 03 and see what it looks like?

I have 03 and only one plate on the left side..
Is this the plate between swingarm and sproket??The one
the is scrued to the inner side of the swingarm??

I have 03 and only one plate on the left side..
Is this the plate between swingarm and sproket??The one
the is scrued to the inner side of the swingarm??
Yup, that's the one. My buddy's '00 has got 'em on both sides. The parts fiche seems to show one on each side for older Busas, and only one on the sprocket side for newer Busas. Hub, spacers, bearings, and swingarm all appear to be the same. I noticed that on the brake side, the axle seems to be a sloppy fit through the swingarm, as opposed to the side with the steel plate on the chain side. Pretty sure the holes are there for the screws that mount it, but they only seem to be needed to keep the plate in place while the wheel is off.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106943821 -->

Back