2004 Busa'

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hi,

My Brand new busa has been in imported and cleared from customs in India
smile.gif
Should be hopefully getting in another week's time. I would like to know if there were any recalls or major problems with the 2004 busa.

Mine seems to want to spring from underneath me with judicious application of the throttle.

<!--EDIT|newredboosa
Reason for Edit: "Huked on fonix wurked fer me!!!"|1105021102 -->

I have no prblems with my '04, other then not being able to ride it in snow:laugh:

Not really a recall but a failure story:

My 04 had it's "tip over sensor" fail at 24.1 miles.  but I think it was a fluke...

Rode the bike home... went to goto work the next day... and blam failed in the middle of a bridge with no shoulder on either side and I had to push the bike up the bridge and coast down the other side with cars doing 70mph by me.

The city bus was nice enough to change lanes by 1/2 a lane to avoid me.

smile.gif

Upto 3,000 miles in the 8 weeks I was able to ride it before it got too cold/wet here.

<!--EDIT|Crispin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105030553 -->

No recalls that I know of... but the 2 problems I had were:

1.) The top yoke nut flew off twice. I pulled up to my buddy's house and he said, "do your handlesbars ever fly off." Went to suzuki and got a new one. A month later I pulled into my driveway and it was gone again. Went to the dealer and got a 3rd one put on and they said they torqued this one right. Its still on there.... (I hope, god, I gotta go check now!)

However this nut is put on by the mechanics at each dealership, so it would not be product-wide problem, just a dealer specific problem.

2.) The idle backed down on me real fast. For a little bit I was stalling everytime I downshifted to come to a stop. Again, this is probably a dealer problem because they adjust the idle in the first place... although it also could be a problem with the adjustment screw if others have had the same problem.

Other than that the only problem with her is that the speedometer is way off... it says I'm doing like 165 when it only feels like I'm doing 50.
smile.gif

Collected my 04 in June, done 3700km now and no problems at all. Mine is blue and silver...what colour are you getting?

I've had the '04LE since October. 1500 miles and no problems. Other than cramps from trying to hang on during the insane acceleration.
wow.gif

Hi,

My Brand new busa has been in imported and cleared from customs in India
smile.gif
Should be hopefully getting in another week's time. I would like to know if there were any recalls or major problems with the 2004 busa.
If you do not have a USA model it doesn't matter becuase it would not be included in a USA recall.
just like Canadian bikes are not included in USA recall and USA bikes are not included in Canadian recalls. GOT IT???

Yeah johnnyCheese. I got it... Mine is being imported from Dubai! I presume the UK model is relaeased in Dubai.

I'm getting a Black/Blue combination Mocco. Do you have that color varient in the US??

Mine has been recalled for "winter mods" seems that some of the stock parts are defective and need replacing when tempertures reach below 35 degrees outside.

Thank you BA Busa
smile.gif

I dont think that will affect me here in India painless4u.... I never gets lower than 60 degrees outside where I live
biggrin.gif

Actually, the bikes coming into dubai are what ever they can get their hands on,My 04 is european specs,but I have friends with 04 le's that are US and canadian specs, Al yousuf doesnt care what the specs are, as they sell them faster than they can get them.

i had a problem here a few weeks ago with the idle, it just needed to be adjusted........not sure if it's supposed to get lower over time or just a problem i had......oh, and for some reason i think my bike creates some sort of strong magnetic field cause it makes everyones heads turn......it's black and purple, not sure if this is specific to mine, or if it's a common problem....i'd put money on the latter:)

nitrousjunkie, I presumed that my bike might be a UK version cause the manual is in english and a booklet which has european dealer names in it has been provided with the bike ...???

Do not try and run Diesel Fuel in it. I know from experience. Other than that the 04 is fantastic!

hehe thank you neal... I genrally dontput diesel in potrol engines
laugh.gif

Back