Vibration at footpegs

fortyza

Registered
I have a 1999 Hayabusa. I have a small problem which irritates me quite a bit. There is a vibration at the foot pegs at 4500 to 5000 rpm. I have ridden a mates bike and it is the same. Has anyone been able to reduce, elliminate this vibration and if so, can they tell us how and if possible point us in the right direction, maybe supply pic's or maybe even a website. Your assistance would be appreciated.

i think this is a common prob with busas after a while you kinda get used to it. If im not goin to fast ill shift to a higher gear droping the RPMs. Or if im going fast then ill just go faster.

Yeah this is pretty normal...mine is about 4800rpm.
mad.gif

Most bikes buzz somewhere in the rev range, the 'Busa is no exception.

If the vibration is at the foot pegs one solution is to take them off
biggrin.gif

Early warning system which tells you to hold on, shiat is 'bout to get crazy!
laugh.gif

Just go faster! And check your pegs the bushings and pins might be worn.

Hey Guys, Thanks for the words of advise.  I have sort of lived with it but thought maybe someone had a solution.  Otherwise the bike is amazing.:D

I would just get a nice pair of boots to ride in, I can't notice the vibration at all and I have all aluminum pegs with no bushing or rubber on them...

:-) All bikes have a Flat Spot like it... Get a full exhaust system and it might go away...

Do any of you w/ full exhaust, pair valve and EC changes have "the vibe"
rock.gif

I have never noticed a Vibe to be honest. Well my windscreen used to buzz around 2500... Electical tape fixed that.

I have had 3 hayabusa"s a 99, 02, and now an 04. The 99 vibrated more than either off them. At first I thought something waqs bad wrong due to the vibration was so intense, and at 4500rpm. However came to understand that vibration is normal for the Hayabusa. The 04 has it to but not quite as noticable. The vibration is the only drawback to your wonderful 99 machine! As long as the recall work has been done. Enjoy that vibration it is saying I am a Hayabusa!!!!

Back