Clutch Slipping???

Hyachaos

Registered
Just took my 2000 for a ride and the clutch seems like it wants to make the bike stall out of 1st gear. New to a Busa, what could be the problem. ( 11k miles )Every other gear is fine
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Just took my 2000 for a ride and the clutch seems like it wants to make the bike stall out of 1st gear. New to a Busa, what could be the problem. ( 11k miles )Every other gear is fine
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
What do you mean when you say the clutch wants to make it stall in first? Under what scenerio... when letting it out from neutral?

smile.gif

smile.gif

I'm confused.

If the clutch is making the bike stall in 1st it implies it's not slipping, because slipping the clutch is how you get it to gradually engage when pulling away from a standstill. If the clutch is engaged too quickly from a standstill in 1st gear with low rpm, that's how a stall occurs (i.e. an imbalance between applying enough throttle and enough clutch grip.)

Or is it stalling when you change down to 1st when coming to a stop?

What's your idle rpm?

It seems like a vibration coming off the engine. If I rev @ 3k rpm to take off there is a vibration. However once I take off, the rest of the gears are flawless. I've only had the Busa @ 3 weeks.

It seems like a vibration coming off the engine. If I rev @ 3k rpm to take off there is a vibration. However once I take off, the rest of the gears are flawless. I've only had the Busa @ 3 weeks.
You are not offering up very much info here. Why would you rev up to 3K to take off? That seems high. Are you saying when you let the clutch off you're getting a vibration or when you rev past 3k in 1st?

You sure it isn't the back tire losing traction? You don't need much rpm to pull away, the bike has a lot of torque, so unless you are deliberately looking for wheelies/burnouts every time, you can basically ease it into 1st with barely any throttle, then take it up through the gears. Try keeping it smooth.

My apologies if I didn't explain it right. . No I'm not spinning the tire, and I am feathering the clutch. If it is the clutch wouldn't all the gears slip?
rock.gif
? It only happens when the bike has been ridden for a while.<span style='color:firebrick'></span><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]

This is a very common thing...the clutch  is not slipping..it's being grabby....growl--chatter chatter.
for 50.00 bucks---Carpenter Racing will sell you a 3 piece kit...that replaces the last friction disc in the clutch pack--whats interesting is that all 3 pieces were in factory Suzuki packages, maybe your dealer knows about this retrofit..may be it's an update for the 02 model...one disc and two washers. worked for me.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "spelling error"|1105888040 -->

Back