Corbin seats...fitting problem

busabad

Registered
Any help/suggestions here would be appreciated...
problem...ordered Corbin seats front and rear with backrest...
started with trying to install front...the screws will not
align!! I tried using washers to allign the bracket with the
screws it just doesn't work!! What gives here? Has anybody had similar issues with Corbin seats? I didn't even attempt the rear as I'm totally disgusted already given the cost and rep of
Corbin!!!
Thanks

I have a rear Corbin and a stock front, didn't have any problems.

Are you trying to fit the front Corbin while you have the stock rear or hump still attached?

I have a rear Corbin and a stock front, didn't have any problems.

Are you trying to fit the front Corbin while you have the stock rear or hump still attached?[/QUOTE]

no rear seat or hump...question about the rear...did you have to remove the rubber cushions on the tail section or the rubber cushions on the Corbin seat to get a fit?
Thanks

I had to remove the rubber cushions on the tail section, the seat wouldn't "latch" with them on.

I had to add 3 washers per bolt on the seat's underside in order to align the holes. And push down firmly as you're starting to turn the mounting bolts. Hopefully, that should do it?

No problems at all.
wink.gif

Yes I too had sometrouble, had to add 3 washers under front bracket as well, and still tight to gett on, strange that Corbin is not better at this

the first time i installed my corbin fron the screws didnt line up
but all i had to do was push down hard on the seat and i got them to line up
and it goes on and off much easier

Posted on Jan. 02 2005,11:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny, I have never heard a lot of good about Corbin...[/QUOTE]
Actually, I have never owned a Corbin but I had only ever heard positives about their products...this experience has
certainly not been a positive! Although I 've been able to
get the rear seat with backrest on the bike...for the price paid I'm not particularly impressed with the fit.finish.
As for the front seat...I won't be able to talk to anyone at Corbin until Monday...we'll see what they have to say...for
now the saga continues!! I appreciate everyone's feedback...
Ride safe!!

Funny, I have never heard a lot of good about Corbin..........
Yup, Corbin quality and fit and finish is getting quite the bad rap these days. Take a look at some of the boards where you have a lot of distance riders and you'll see not a lot of them like the Corbins. Sargent, which is along the same price lines has a better rep then Corbin. Of course the real custom seat makers like Russell, the two Mayer brothers stuff just blow Corbin out of the water. But, you also pay a high premium for those custom seats.

I had to add washers under the front and rear on mine. Note that Corbin makes two different rears depending on what model year you have. In my case, I have a Ventura rack and I needed even more clearance for the rear.

It was a couple of years ago when I installed this, but I recall having to take the rear mounting hardware off of the stock rear and fitting it to the corbin rear with some extra washers to line things up.

Ended up with a gap about 1/3" in the rear, got an automotive stick-on gasket strip and it hasn't leaked. Regardless, the corbins take work to align with the brackets and front bolt holes.

The corbin seats are good for what they are -- very supportive, low-friction matieral (I have the vinyl griptex), but I think it's a happy accident that they are as useful as they are -- corbin has an awful reputation.

Back