Clutch problems

_01

Registered
I am new to the org. I have a 01 busa. i recently started having a clutch issue. When the bike is cold it runs just fine. About ten min or so when it gets to a good temp the clutch just slips in all gears. My friction zone on my lever slowly moves out to the point to where it feels like its not there. I have the clutch fuly out and the bike just puts along. I Ride it later when cold and runs fine until temps get up. Any ideas? i pulled the clutch and all the steels have a blued color to them but the stack is sitting at 1.95". Also how do i know if its my slave or master cylinder? any input would be great. Thanks.

The blue color on the steels are a indication the clutch is slipping badly. How many miles on the clutch? It might be time to replace the clutch!

The bike has 27xxx miles. I have never replaced the clutch. I have owned the bike for about a yr. I also took out the slave cylinder and noticed it sat in the housing n didnt come back out and was all kinds of dirty. cleaned it up and now moves freely in there. im guessing it will be fully seated when installed. or is there a certain way to do it? So even tho the stack height is good the blued means slip?

Yup time for a new clutch. Mine didn't slip at all last year but got a new clutch anyways. Pulled its apart and had discolor on some of my plates. Put the new clutch in and now it feels like I gained 20hp.

The bike has 27xxx miles. I have never replaced the clutch. I have owned the bike for about a yr. I also took out the slave cylinder and noticed it sat in the housing n didnt come back out and was all kinds of dirty. cleaned it up and now moves freely in there. im guessing it will be fully seated when installed. or is there a certain way to do it? So even tho the stack height is good the blued means slip?

Discolored steels are not a sure sign that a clutch is slipping, rather they are a sign that the clutch has seen a lot of heat . . . although the steels should be replaced, along with some new frictions, it is more likely your slave cylinder is hanging up, causing the clutch to slip worse as the whole clutch pack gets hotter. Just my 2 cents . . .:poke:

So i should replace the clutch then. Well i cleaned up the slave cylinder. Didnt appear to be leaking so im assuming the seal is good but it was definately rough in there. the cylinder didnt want to come out of its housing. Thanks for all the help guys. Parts are on order now.

Back