2001 Clutch Issue,

suzuki1300_2001

Registered
First I busted a spring bolt, and bent one of the spring on the pressure plate. So I bought all new spring and bolts, I took out the carbon and steel plates to inspect them, all was good. I replaced everything back the way it was and did the soaking of each plate and carbon before replacing them. Put everything back together, new oil, new oil filter, new plugs, ect you get the idea. According to the Haynes book, I bled the clutch, but when I go to start it, she sounds great,

but pulling the clutch in to proceed to 1st gear she jumps a little and she is trying to go I have to hold in the break so I dont go forward. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I am dreading that it maybe the Clutch master cylinder or clutch release cylinder? But a someone also suggested that bleeding that is described in the book, and even a gravity bleed wouldnt get all the air out and that why I am have this problem. They told me that I needed an actual hydraulic bleeder kit. :banghead::banghead::banghead: then it will suck all the air out and I shouldnt have any problem.

However since this is hayabusa.org I figured I give it a shot here, better info from a bunch of guys that have busas. Really need some help.... bike week is going down in 3 days. Supposed to be in Myrtle Beach in 3 days
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks, looks like I will be here for the long haul....I like everything about this....the sad part is that I have been riding a long while, stopped by here a few times but didnt really make anything of it at the time. But taking the time and actually looking through the site. Its a good place.

OK Bleeding didnt work.... when I still put her into 1st gear with the clutch pulled in she is still trying to go....anyone got any other ideas???? :cursin: at this point I just wanna :firing::firing: the busa

Check that sprocket cover is seated and not cracked. Also you seated the pressure plate in the off slot when putting it back together?

Check that sprocket cover is seated and not cracked. Also you seated the pressure plate in the off slot when putting it back together?

When you said the part about the pressure plate in the off slot, did you mean the last carbon in the shallow grooves, or am I totally missing it? Thanks for your help too.

Back