Transmission all of a sudden locked up

tyrone

Registered
Ok so I had bent and broke my clutch push rid. And in the process I broke that seal. So I pulled te motor and solo the case. I got it all back together today. Ran through all the gears on the stand. No problems, no leaks, no noise. Then I took it out on the highway. Soon as I hit the first exit rear wheel locked up and I slit like 50 feet. What could I have done wrong to make the transmission all of a sudden lock up.

I am NOT a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but IMHO, best move may be start all over again so can visually inspect everything inside. Best of luck.

i bent it by doing clutch wheelie. i had learned how to do really good power ones so i tried to move on to that. but in doing so the rod bent. and trashed that seal. only thing i replaced was that seal. clutch lever moves fine....engine runs fine (with the clutch in). but the ***** won't click out of gear for beans!

ok so simple its thing to first check is pull the sprocket cover and see if it broke.

if nothing there pull clutch assembly out and see if something is amiss. im sure you took the other broken piece out the other side of the shaft behine the star rod..

report back

just took off the sprocket cover..everything looks good. That cover IS cracked but i already knew that. i noticed it before the reassembly.

Some thing thats not suppose to be there is!

I would just start pulling the motor!

If cover is cracked bad enough, it cant hold pressure against other side and wont release clutch.. I would pull clutch unit and if that dont work you may as well start pulling motor.

Ok. So I pulled the engine back out and split the case again. I found that on both sides of the big gear (assuming its first gear) are mangle to hell spacers. To be more specific, it's the gear on one the shaft with the front spocket. This is what caused the transmision lock up. Everything is GOOD. What happened to make those two washers smushed and destort. And they are blue from alot of heat.

Ok so at the end of that shaft is that silver bearing. It
Isn't have gone bad. It toasted those washers so bad. Practically welded them to that gear. I have pictures but I dont know how to post them.

Geez sorry. It's my phone I promise. Anyways what I mean to say was that the silver bearing/cap has all its bearings and cage... But it's blue from heat and the inside it all burred.

Back