No power

paulcee

Registered
My friend has a 2000 busa with no mods, I'm at the end of the road with it! It will start and run BUT:: it coughs and splutters all the way through the range, fuel pump done. Battery done: spark plugs done: airbox sensor done: any ideas gents??

???

How did it all start? What fuel pump setup did you replace his with? Maybe you got a bad used one?
Have you done a compression check?

Only other thing I can think of is throttle bodies got way out of sync (try swapping with another set) or ECU problem (can try swapping with another ECU from 00 or doing the 01-07 upgrade. If you swap harness, rotor, ECU, throttle bodies, the guy will have a whole new bike and I'd be absolutely lost then too, unless you crack the motor open)

I wrench on mine too, but sometimes you just got to bite the bullet and take her to a good shop.

I believe there is a flow check for the pump. you could have also done a pressure check on the pump. sounds like you just loaded up the parts cannon and fire for effect.

fuel pump done?

did you install new pump?

Did you fix old one?

if replaced what did you replace it with?

Thanks lads, it believe it or not just happened, the bike was dry stored for 2 months during the winter and when it was started back up this is the result, fuel pump is the original it's just had a good clean out and 0 ring replaced, spark plugs are replaced
I think it's gonna have to go for some pressure checks. Thanks again for you help gents

gunk (moisture, debris, etc.) in the tank/fuel lines?? fuel filter checked? fuel stabilizer added prior to storage?

When you say dry stored, did you run the bike out of fuel or just remove the fuel from the tank? Maybe some clogged up your injectors. Doubt it but it's an easy clean.

Back