worse MPG after throttle sync

haya2005busa

Registered
Soo, I had the throttle sync done about 2 weeks ago, after I couldn't figure it out myself. but what was done was i replaced all vacuume lines with new lines (old ones were dry rotted) and had a shop sync the bike up. before the sync i was getting up to 45-47mpg, now im lucky to get 37-38 mpg. i did run sea foam in the bike, i have looked at all the vacuume lines, i disconnected battery to reset anything, checked my TPS it was correct. i just cant think of what else it could be. the bike seems to run smoother, but i can smell some fuel from exhaust. so it does seem to be running rich.

Now i do have a PCIII which was tuned about a year ago but that shouldn't make a differnece should it? could it now be running richer since its been sync'ed?

anyone else got any ideas on what could of caused this change? or where to begin looking?

Soo, I had the throttle sync done about 2 weeks ago, after I couldn't figure it out myself. but what was done was i replaced all vacuume lines with new lines (old ones were dry rotted) and had a shop sync the bike up. before the sync i was getting up to 45-47mpg, now im lucky to get 37-38 mpg. i did run sea foam in the bike, i have looked at all the vacuume lines, i disconnected battery to reset anything, checked my TPS it was correct. i just cant think of what else it could be. the bike seems to run smoother, but i can smell some fuel from exhaust. so it does seem to be running rich.

Now i do have a PCIII which was tuned about a year ago but that shouldn't make a differnece should it? could it now be running richer since its been sync'ed?

anyone else got any ideas on what could of caused this change? or where to begin looking?

if it was tuned with the bike out of sync then it added fuel to the cylinders that werent flowing enough and took fuel away from cylinders that were flowing too much so it could effect it once youve leveled everything out

if it was tuned with the bike out of sync then it added fuel to the cylinders that werent flowing enough and took fuel away from cylinders that were flowing too much so it could effect it once youve leveled everything out

thats what im thinking, which SUCKS cuz thats another $300 to get it corrected. :banghead:

thats what im thinking, which SUCKS cuz thats another $300 to get it corrected. :banghead:

talk to the tuner and be like hey i just had my throttle bodies synched and shes really rich what would you charge me to correct it i bet they will cut you a really good deal

unfortunately the shop who did it, has kinda gone down hill in quality workmanship soo would have to go to another more reputable shop to get it re-done. its just aggravating, i was even thinking on going PCV with autotune if that was any better..anyone have any experience with those on GEN 1's?

unfortunately the shop who did it, has kinda gone down hill in quality workmanship soo would have to go to another more reputable shop to get it re-done. its just aggravating, i was even thinking on going PCV with autotune if that was any better..anyone have any experience with those on GEN 1's?

i wasnt a fan of if when i rode a bike with it, felt alot of sluggishness in throttle response. Talk to another shop and explain your situation it shouldnt take alot of fine tuning as the bike already has a base tune

Back