Radiator spring a leak - need replacement suggestions

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
This weekend my radiator sprung a leak and I just plan on replacing it. Has anybody ever purchased a new one from anybody? I found quite a few on *new* ones on ebay ranging from ~130$ to over 200$... They dont seem to be actual suzuki's but remakes from another company that they claim uses the same mold... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I havent been able to check ronayers.com because their website is down at the moment....

I bought one of the remakes from Ebay and it was completely spot on. I was very happy and had it at my door 3 days later. It was perfect in every way. I will pull my records and show you who I got it from...some company in New Mexico I think, cheep too if I remember correctly.

I paid $274 shipped from sportbikeparts2U..... 08 09 suzuki hayabusa radiator NEW (370263719668). Like I said. It matched up in every way and I was happy with the part and the service..it was a 10 out of 10!

Purchased the one in the link above. This guy has literally thousands of radiators on ebay for all different vehicles.... will have to update when i get it later this week.

The one you bought looks good in the pics, let us know how it fits!

Will do. The only thing that worries me is that he is selling the same radiator for 4 different prices.... he says its the polish on it that makes the price difference.... i couldnt find anything on his listings that stated anything like that...

I have oem ones on hand. Reading his ad he doesnt have a clue. Radiators aren't done via injection molding. Lol. I bet its some thin tin, you have to realize its no different than the Chinese fairings. If suzuki charges almost $700 how they gonna build it, sell it,ship it and all for less than $150. Another thing without the proper treatment at factory the chemical reactions inside the radiator mixed with heat from your motor, can cause electrolysis and prewear your motor. How much did you really save? Guys buying parts need to think ahead of price and think of the quality and service you get from these parts you buying. Our dollar is having no value cause.its.all going overseas to be lent back to us at triple the rate. Hell in a hand basket.

I picked up a cheapo aftermarket one from ebay last year. It leaked in about 6 month's. It had a 1 year warr. and the seller did not have anymore of them left. He refunded $100 of the $130 I spent. It was stand up of him but I WOULD NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN. I picked a used oem one and have had no problem's yet.

Upon further inspection after removal, it appears I was the victim of tire rub.... I don't remember coming down hard at any point but it's Plainly obvious. Pictures to come.

If its a drag only bike have you thought about getting the radiator cut so you have clearance? It will eventually happen again if you just put the same part back in

Here is a cell phone close up of the damaged one....

if i cant find a way to prevent this from happening again - does anybody know who can cut a radiator down? and how much will it cost?

radiator.jpg

icemansid said:
Here is a cell phone close up of the damaged one....

if i cant find a way to prevent this from happening again - does anybody know who can cut a radiator down? and how much will it cost?

RCs performance charges 100 or 150 I think. I think DME and McIntosh can do them also for close to the same price.

I have some cut down ones here, you can send yours and $100 or I could have sold outright to you before you brought the knockoff.

Back