09 Busa won't start

johann123

Registered
I have a fairly new Busa <1000mi and it won't start all of a sudden. I am not sure if I hear the fuel pump prime or the relay clicking..... So my questions is where do I go first?
The battery has been on tender, the headlights etc is bright, the engine turns over but no running..

Thanks

Was the recall done? Take the battery to a shop and have it tested.

You should easily hear the fuel pump priming. It either does or doesn't. If you don't hear I would check the fuel pump fuse. Obviously if the bikes under warranty, then take it to the shop.

Still just to be sure try jumper cables. Bought new battery bike sat not long and would not start . was cranking normally at least so i thought.
Jumped it and started right up. Fuel pump is loud enough to hear .It's under your gas tank. so put your ear to the side of tank close to frame and turn ign on and you should hear a whistle

With key "off", turn the red run switch "off". Turn key on. You should see the lights. (this indicates that you have enough battery to move onto the next step)
Now turn the run switch "on", and you should hear a "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" buzz under the tank, near the seat. That's the fuel pump priming, throwing fuel to the injectors for startup. It'll eventually stop, but if you hear that buzz, that helps us narrow down problems, and if you don't, we're closer to diagnosing it for you.

Just before the buzz of the pump priming, you should hear a light click (after you hit the red "run" button to "on"). that's the fuel pump relay, sending power to the pump and turning it on. If you hear the click but not the buzz, you've got a problem at the pump. You won't hear the buzz without the click, because the pump won't be getting power (you might just not be able to hear it). If you don't hear the click or the buzz, it's the relay, or more likely fuse, which is inline before the relay so I'd check that first if there is no click or buzz.

If you have it on a tender, you probably have enough battery to get it started. Just don't keep cranking it over an over, you can really mess some stuff up. But as others have said, take advantage of your warranty if you still have it!

He said it turns over but won't start so doesn't that mean the fuel pump is priming?
Wouldn't turn over if it didn't prime?

It'll try and turn over it just won't fire if there's a fuel problem, which I assume is what he is describing.

Back